submit buttons

knowram

I am using multiple submit buttons on my site and am finding that if the value of the button is to long IE dose strange things to the button. It will add blank space to the sides of the text and stretch the border. Is there anyway to keep IE from doing this?

It's hard to suggest a fix for what we can't see.  Why not just copy a few code examples that include your button problem and post those where they can be viewed. 

Even a screenshot would be better than a crystal ball for solving this  ;D

Even so, I suspect that the 'problem' you're having is just the way different browsers work and not something that is completely controllable with html/css.

This - http://www.456bereastreet.com/archive/200410/styling_even_more_form_controls/ - may shed some light on how browsers handle different form controls.

simple answer is no - its what ie does!

if you can maybe use a link instead and set href to a js function that will detect the link and submit accordingly.

Or use input type="image" and have an image that you have full control over (but not very flexible IMO)

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.