I would like to know what you think

pixelMauler

Thanks for the feedback.

The cup is from a picture I took of my favorite coffee cup, then I traced it out in Illustrator.

I had designers block when creating a logo and to be honest I still do.

I do need to do something differently with the photo gallery but lately I have slammed.

As soon as I get some free time I will fix these two things.

Thanks for the feedback most people I know only give me one word or two word feedback, I hate that.

I love your semantics! Perfect.

Visual design in question - your logo needs a little work. I second the dark text. It's a little hard to read.

I"m not a big fan of the letter spacing you used on the <h3> headings. It is rather odd to see.

Here's some other things:

• There is a horizontal scrollbar.
  • You may consider indenting your paragraphs.

• The homepage doesn't have a title.
  • Your web page looks fine on my resolution. But it's not the standard size of 1024 resolution. Keep that in mind, as the majority of web users still use 1024 or below.

Huge improvement. It would be really cool if you incorporated the blue color more into the design. Right now, the web design looks very monochromatic with different shades of black/white/gray. Maybe you can make the border that comes up when you hover over the images blue? That would be sleek. Or maybe you can make the headings bigger to extenuate the presence of the blue?

And out of sheer curiosity - is that a picture of you in the favicon? ha ha. It's quite creative and ... a little bit unusual.

I love your semantics! Perfect.

Visual design in question - your logo needs a little work. I second the dark text. It's a little hard to read.

I"m not a big fan of the letter spacing you used on the <h3> headings. It is rather odd to see.

Here's some other things:

• There is a horizontal scrollbar.
  • You may consider indenting your paragraphs.

• The homepage doesn't have a title.
  • Your web page looks fine on my resolution. But it's not the standard size of 1024 resolution. Keep that in mind, as the majority of web users still use 1024 or below.

This site may help the OP in sizing their layout: http://960.gs/

Also, to the OP, the 'Mauler' in the PixelMauler logo/title is a bit dark.  I'm thinking that an ice blue may help liven things up a bit, but YMMV.

I really like the site, have a couple of suggestions;

• I'd make the logo a link to the home page. Whenever I want to go back to the home page of the website I look for the biggest link, which is usually the logo.
  • Apart from the fact the user clicked on the link, they don't actually know what page they're on. Perhaps keep the scrollover color of the nav link of the current page.
  • The 'CONTACT ME' link on the services page is a dead link.
  • Maybe add a bottom margin to the contact form, it sits a bit tight against the footer.

That's all I've got! Good work.

Huge improvement. It would be really cool if you incorporated the blue color more into the design. Right now, the web design looks very monochromatic with different shades of black/white/gray. Maybe you can make the border that comes up when you hover over the images blue? That would be sleek. Or maybe you can make the headings bigger to extenuate the presence of the blue?

And out of sheer curiosity - is that a picture of you in the favicon? ha ha. It's quite creative and ... a little bit unusual.

Yes the incon is me and I will change the rollover border, that is a good idea.

Looks nice.

I would adjust the background image a little. ( see: http://www.bfa.edu/ ).

Have the background image in the middle. Make the background image a bit taller so it will repeat down smoother.

The text and components are a little too spaced out. http://pixelmauler.com/myWordpress/?page_id=4

Perhaps if you could adjust the line height a little in places.

-steve

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.