Password Protected Directories Help

X74SY

Hello,

Is there a FREE php script that I can get that will logs the (Name/IP/# of Logins/Last Logins/vistied/hits page etc.) of the users of my password protected directories? or any other (PHP/MySQL based) script that can help me know who has been sharing there logins to my password protected directories?

Any help would be very much appreciated,
Thanks! 

[quote author=Daniel0 link=topic=104846.msg418453#msg418453 date=1155983876]
If it's just Apache's directory view, then I don't think you can. You could read the log file though.
[/quote]

Yeah, but our logs gets rotated like every 6 hours... so It's very difficult to keep track on who has been sharing there logins  :-[

Simply create a table in which, at login, you store the following;

--------------------
$username (which you obviously have at this point in time)
$their_ip (which you derive thus:  $their_ip = $_SERVER["REMOTE_ADDR"];)
$when_here (the timestamp for this visit:  $when_here = time();)
--------------------

you could also get the browser type and version to store.

Then periodically, run a short script to output the user_visits data

[quote author=litebearer link=topic=104846.msg418621#msg418621 date=1156016817]
Simply create a table in which, at login, you store the following;

--------------------
$username (which you obviously have at this point in time)
$their_ip (which you derive thus:  $their_ip = $_SERVER["REMOTE_ADDR"];)
$when_here (the timestamp for this visit:  $when_here = time();)
--------------------

you could also get the browser type and version to store.

Then periodically, run a short script to output the user_visits data

[/quote]

May I ask, where can I learn how to make my own custom username/IP tracking mechanism? and/or can you please (If possible) kindly help me make one? It doesn't need to be advance with a CP and all that, I just need a script that will log the IP and the username that was used to login to my private/members page, so that I could easily know who has been sharing there logins. (I'm losing a lot of bandwidth lol)

Any help would be very much appreciated,
Thanks! :D

Ok are you saying that people are sharing there login identy? You can possibley prevent this with using cookies, sessions and recording their ip. I wouldn't try to do this just by recording the users ip because if they have a dynamic ip it will change perodicaly.

[quote author=tomfmason link=topic=104846.msg418773#msg418773 date=1156046168]
I wouldn't try to do this just by recording the users ip because if they have a dynamic ip it will change perodicaly.
[/quote]

I know that, I only suspend the account if it's being logged in by 3 different IP ranges.  :(

[quote author=tomfmason link=topic=104846.msg418773#msg418773 date=1156046168]Ok are you saying that people are sharing there login identy? You can possibley prevent this with using cookies, sessions and recording their ip.[/quote]

Do you know a free php script that can do that? and/or can you help me make one?  ;D

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.