Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

crazylegseddie

Search to display links???

I used the php freaks search full text search facility tutorial to create my search function, which i have managed to link to my table and carry out correct searches. How do I edit the script to now turn the title of my search into a link to the product? all my products are linked like this: categories.php?c=0&p=70 ie 'p=70' being the product id.
for those who hasnt seen the tutorial to display the results the code looks like.
[code]

while($row = mysql_fetch_object($result))
    {
      echo '<strong>Title: '.stripslashes(htmlspecialchars($row->pd_name)).'</strong><br />';
      echo '<p>'.stripslashes(htmlspecialchars($row->pd_more)).'</p>'; 
      echo '<p>'.stripslashes(htmlspecialchars($row->pd_more2)).'</p>';
      echo '<hr size="1" />';
    }

?>
[/code]

I need the title ie. $row->pd_name to be the link.

Any info regarding my query will be cool.

THX

Something like this:

[code]echo "<a href='categories.php?c=0&amp;p=". $row['product_id']. "'>more info</a>";[/code]

Hi thx for reply but i tried to add that code but received this error:

Fatal error: Cannot use object of type stdClass as array in C:\Documents and Settings\ben\Desktop\Bens Briefcase\www\whitedisc\searchtemp\search.php on line 64

what I needed was to turn the title row (shown below) into a link from the search results if
thats possible??

[code]

echo '<strong>'.stripslashes(htmlspecialchars($row->pd_name)).'</strong><br />';

[/code]

I have also tried:
[code]
echo "<a href='categories.php?c=0p=". $row['pd_id']. "'>".stripslashes(htmlspecialchars($row->pd_name)).'</a><br />';
[/code]

but still get the same error message?  ???

problem solved with:

[code]
while($row = mysql_fetch_assoc($result))
    {
      echo "<a href='categories.php?c=0p=". $row['pd_id']. "'>".stripslashes(htmlspecialchars($row->pd_name)).'</a><br />';
      echo '<p>'.stripslashes(htmlspecialchars($row['pd_more'])).'</p>';   
      echo '<p>'.stripslashes(htmlspecialchars($row['pd_more2'])).'</p>';
[/code]

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.