Real Newbie Help

its me

I feel like a fool for asking this surrounded by script help threads but i'm clueless on this one. So I hope someone can help me out.

I'm trying to install a PHP script by cutenews (their news feature) but i've never installed a PHP code before. The instructions told me to set-up a mySQL database called "cutenews", and then put all the files into that directory. But when I go to the FTP theres no folder in there named "cutenews"  ???

I'm using IX webhosting if that makes a difference.

Thanks.

Don't confuse a database named cutenews with a folder named cutenews.

If you need a folder named cutenews, then use your FTP client to make a new folder.

If you need to create a database, that's something you need to do through your web server control panel.

Make sure you read the script installation instructions carefully.

Cutenews uses 'flat' files, i.e. plain text files to store posted items instead of a MySQL database to store posted items.  Probably somewhere in the installation instructions it will tell you to set the folder permissions (or CHMOD the folder permissions) to make it writeable.

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.