webserver access with dreamweaver

I've been trying to save my webpage onto a remote web hosting site with dreamweaver. I have been attempting to do so with their "manage site" options where you can enter your ftp address, login and password but it does not seem to connect and keeps telling me that I have the wrong password? Is this not the best way to transfer my files or should I use a seperate ftp program? I am very new to this and have purchase several books to make this work. Any advice would be much appreciated. Thank you.

I'm gonna have to say the obvious and suggest that you double check you are entering the correct host, username, password and root directory. Also click the the test connection button before clicking Ok to make sure you make you are connecting to your server. After you are 100% sure you are entering the correct information, try clicking on the passive ftp option.

Good luck.

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.