Page was working on local system but won't work on the net

kenwvs

I have been working on a page that I finally got to work properly on my local apache server and then when I uploaded it to my internet provider (server) it won't work.  I have my errors all turned on, and am not getting any errors, just a couple of notices.  Is there a big difference between what php version my apache uses, and what the server provider would use, that I would have problems with pages not working at all?

I had been struggling getting my isset() set up to work properly, and finally got it, and now it won't work on the actual web.... I am getting the same error I was getting locally earlier....

I know this is vague, but not sure how to explain it any better........any ideas what my next step should be, seeing as I am not getting any errors?

[b]ADD ON COMMENT[/b]

My local apache is running PHP 5.1.4 and MySQL 5.0.22 - Community -nt
and my service provider is running PHP 4.4.2 and MySQL 4.1.19-Standard

not sure if this will make a difference.  If it does, is it possible to use on the local system the same versions as what my service provider uses?

Ken

Codes are no secret, just didn't know if they would make a difference since it worked on the local system and then not on the internet itself.

I will post the code in a separate message.

I just got your message about php 5 and php4 while typing this.  Is there a way to only run php4 on my local system then?

Ken

[quote author=kenwvs link=topic=104977.msg419027#msg419027 date=1156102038]
Codes are no secret, just didn't know if they would make a difference since it worked on the local system and then not on the internet itself.

I will post the code in a separate message.

I just got your message about php 5 and php4 while typing this.  Is there a way to only run php4 on my local system then?

Ken
[/quote]

Sure, just remove php, download the latest php4 and install that. It's not very difficult. You'll manage.

Just know that you might not be able to use some of the functions (not many, unless you're using OOP) you used before. So you'll probably get some errors wich you'll need to fix.

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.