Modern Warfare 2?

Maq

I just purchased it last night... amazing.  Everything about the game is an upgrade, especially since it was developed by Infinity Ward.  I just wanted to know if anyone else got the game and what they think about it.

• Replies 120
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I bought it for the PS3, as that's what all my mates bought it on. Have only played the single player campaign for about an hour and a half so far - Good fun! Not got around to playing online yet, probably will at the weekend. So far, so good.

I bought the game Tuesday afternoon (Morrisons for £25.99, whoop). So far I've only played the single player stuff and haven't ventured into the multiplayer arena yet. There's a lot I like about it, as you say there's been alot of improvements in terms of visuals and also sound. As much as I like the game though I didn't think it was perfect. I completed the single player campaign yesterday, which leads to the obvious conclusion it's a little short, (but still very immersive). At a couple of points I didn't think the game really conveyed what I was supposed to be doing, consequently I found myself being killed whilst randomly standing around wondering what it expected me to do. I just started to dabble in the Special Ops section, as far as I can tell it's just sections of the game to replay, but with a specific objective in terms of required time/kills. Ignoring the fact this seemed a little lazy, I suppose it does add a certain amount of replayability to sections of the game. There does appear to be a certain... chasm between the difficult of these 'challenges' and that of the game. I played the game through on 'regular' as that's what the game suggested even after about 10 attempts at 'the pit', I didn't really find the game that difficult. Don't get me wrong, I died plenty of times, repeatedly in certain sections, but still managed to complete most of the missions without too much repitition. Compare that to how difficult I've been finding even the single star rating of Special Ops (though I've only tried two of them) and there seems a big difference.

Sorry to babble on, just thought I ought to offer something more than simply saying "Yer, it's great".

Sorry to babble on, just thought I ought to offer something more than simply saying "Yer, it's great".

Hehe, thanks for the warning.  I haven't played campaign yet, nor do I ever on most games, but the multi-player is pretty much solely the reason I purchased the game anyway.  You do have to admit, it's hard to find a good game with a good campaign game-play.  Some of my friends, that don't or can't find jobs, play all the time so you can usually catch me on-line (tag: "THEWOAT" if you want to add me).

I don't have it, but one of my friends bought it recently and after playing it for about 30m he took the disc out and tried to stick his penis in the hole and fuck it.  I guess that means it's good. 

Hmm, might have to quote this one, or at least you should add it to the random quote repo.  The interpretations of this one will be endless.

I was a huge fan of MW 1, but haven't had a chance to play it yet. Anyone have it for the PC? There are no dedicated servers for the PC version, and I was wondering if this impacted multiplay at all?

The most important question tho, is there a golden desert eagle?

One thing that does annoy me is there's been 3 patches released already (in what, 3days?). Here's a novel idea, get it right before you release the fucking game!

At least they are being active on fixing things rather than just wait for one big update and have a bunch of holes until then.

And I've only done single player on the PC, but I'm more than impressed :D

I rented it for xbox360... Pretty damn ass sweet, I must admit. As cags mentions, it's a short single player campaign (but damn good.. I am replaying some missions on harder levels). I started playing the Spec Ops aspect.. pretty tricky (especially in the time they expect you to finish it). So there's plenty of action, and overall it rocks! Even without a sniper's rifle, I am getting good at aiming machine guns' cross-hairs / reticle and using short, controlled burst fire shots from a respectable distance zoomed in (Boom! Head shot! No corn flakes for you tomorrow morning! ~Or~ Boom! Ass shot! Just gave the stumbling chap colon cancer by injecting his ass with led!).

I found it strange fighting off invaders on American soil in some maps (kind of gives you an inkling of what it would be like in the [highly unlikely] event it would happen for real... having massive shootouts in mansions and stuff...expensive cars and SUVs blowing up in the drive ways, hell ya!).

All in all, an extremely impressive title that is well polished (everything from design to graphics and controls). If you are a first person shooter fan, you owe it to yourself and the shareholders of Infinity Ward to give this baby a spin!

My fav is when an attack dog jumps on you, and you grab both of its ears and give its head a violent twist! *SNAP! - No milkbone for you after dinner!*

Have it on the PS3, amazing!

Only problem is the PSN's been pretty shit trying to handle the ~300,000 people at once trying to play online. Multi-player didn't actually work at all the other night, but seems to have recovered now. Can't beat the 'finding new host' whilst mid-gameplay feature! Can't say as I like the invite system though, unnecessarily slow and complex compared to previous COD games IMO.

Have it on the PS3, amazing!

Only problem is the PSN's been pretty shit trying to handle the ~300,000 people at once trying to play online. Multi-player didn't actually work at all the other night, but seems to have recovered now. Can't beat the 'finding new host' whilst mid-gameplay feature! Can't say as I like the invite system though, unnecessarily slow and complex compared to previous COD games IMO.

I have to admit, Microsoft did XBox Live really well.

One thing that does annoy me is there's been 3 patches released already (in what, 3days?). Here's a novel idea, get it right before you release the fucking game!

It probably takes a few thousand people to play it simultaneously to hit that 1 in a million chance of some obscure bug, then they report it. Then the developers say, oh lets make a patch..

There are quite a few obscure bugs I've come across while playing games, namely like I enter a room then the door doesn't open. So I'm  trapped in the room. Or one time I was playing Dead Space, and I was peering over a container, then when I looked away somehow I got place between the crevice of two containers and also was trapped. >:(

Right now I'm playing COD: World at war.  :D

I can understand 1 in a million bugs, but by name they are 1 in a million, not 3. Also considering the turn around time of devloping and deploying something over the PSN, I suspect most of them were found before the game went live, in which case why weren't they all one patch. It's also seems odd to me that all 3 I've downloaded have been exactly 15Mb.

Campaign was a little short; but still worth it. I really only bought the game to play the multiplayer (on PSN). Was a little annoyed to find that the invite system had bugs in it and that the servers went down for a day or two. But since those bugs have been fixed and the server is back up, it's been plain sailing. Got a 23 kill streak today, with help of all those new perks they've put in. The maps take a while to get used to. They've added silencer attachments to the sniper rifles, so if you use the UAV(Radar) jammer and play in Hardcore mode, you can camp the shit out of the maps and pick off all the Rambos running around spraying bullets everywhere.

they put silencers on snipers!! You have no clue how bad i wanted that in cod4 multiplayer

You'll also be pleased to know that you now have a better choice of secondary weapons. In COD4, if you used a sniper rifle and didn't use the Overkill perk, you had to make do with a crappy handgun as a secondary weapon. In MW2, you can choose from a range of handguns, automatic weapons and shotguns to use as your secondary weapon. You can even get extra attachments for them. I have a machine gun with a red dot sight, which makes it easier if I have to move from spot to spot. Oh and you start off with the .50 cal sniper this time. Still the best rifle in the game.

I think the Overkill perk is now called One Man Army.

Steady Aim still exists. Once you kill 80 people using hip fire, the second part of the perk is unlocked (Iron Lungs).

UAV Jammer is now called Cold Blooded.

Stopping Power still exists.

You only get one claymore now, which kind of sucks. Also, the Dragunov is gone.

Many new attachments. There's also a new perk called Bling that allows you to use two attachments on your primary weapon. New attachments include heartbeat sensor (great for Hardcore matches), Bullets that give increased damage etc.

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.