Modern Warfare 2?

Maq

I find those things lame. I admit I'm not the best player , but friends boast constantly they have a '1.4:1 kill death ratio' and that they're awesome, and that no one else has that. I have a 2:1, what's hard about it? Anybody could be poor  or great at a game, a WANfest is just full of people who've played too much and gone into fantasy world, IMO.

Or how about those that like a little structure in their team? ;)

Plus,  come on, $25k in computer prizes - from newegg!? Hell yeah.

Yeah now that I think about it, It's kinda cool.. I never thought of it before, But like in HC S&D people work together and over a few rounds know a strategy and what they're going to do, It's sorta fun, I imagine taking those players and placing them physically beside you can make it even more challanging for both sides. Still wouldn't try it..

• Replies 120
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Got CODMW2 for XBOX360 today. Pissed off at getting wasted on the multiplayer games all the time. Some people must play this for hours on end to be that good, or im just really bad.

it does take a little while, but once you start earning some of the weapon and kill/deathstreak upgrades and getting familiar with the weapons, it gets better. by a little bit. i still get my ass kicked regularly.

Got CODMW2 for XBOX360 today. Pissed off at getting wasted on the multiplayer games all the time. Some people must play this for hours on end to be that good, or im just really bad.

it does take a little while, but once you start earning some of the weapon and kill/deathstreak upgrades and getting familiar with the weapons, it gets better. by a little bit. i still get my ass kicked regularly.

Yeah, for the first 40 levels I was just trying to get EXP (challanges/upgraded weapons) without worrying about my death ratio.. It comes easily though, upgrade the weapons you enjoy only, because you get a lot more exp out of killing more people than unlocking a scope..lol

When I got into prestige it was kinda a nice refresher, I got from level 1->31 in one day (S&D+Challanges), The SPAS-12 (first shotgun you get) is the best one none other to the M1887's, I got so many kills with it.

IMO if you want to level quickly unlock the tactical knife for the USP asap and just knife people with marathon, lightweight, and combat perks.  For the killstreaks the regular three (uav, care package, and predator missile) are great for this setup.  It's not difficult to get 15 to 30 kills with that setup which equates to a lot of experience.

Once people become wise to your strategy they'll back into corners in buildings with heartbeat sensors, so have a class with an assault rifle as a stand-by.

Later when you get it, an undermounted grenade launcher with frag grenades / claymore (depends on map), one man army, danger close, and scrambler can cause pure havoc.

IMO if you want to level quickly unlock the tactical knife for the USP asap and just knife people with marathon, lightweight, and combat perks.  For the killstreaks the regular three (uav, care package, and predator missile) are great for this setup.  It's not difficult to get 15 to 30 kills with that setup which equates to a lot of experience.

Once people become wise to your strategy they'll back into corners in buildings with heartbeat sensors, so have a class with an assault rifle as a stand-by.

Later when you get it, an undermounted grenade launcher with frag grenades / claymore (depends on map), one man army, danger close, and scrambler can cause pure havoc.

You sir, are the person I hate playing. noob tuber....... sigh, but it is a valid strategy.

I just hate the people who whine about other people's choice of weapon. I fail to see how it's more noobish using a grenade launcher as opposed to a sniper rifle, tactical knife or assault rifle.

Because the game controls are not balanced.

I can get 20 to 30 kills running around stabbing people or launching grenades because I don't have to worry about aiming with that retarded right thumb-stick.

Knifing rarely leads to high kill streaks; my highest with knifing is probably 10 and it's extremely rare.  Knifing lends itself well to the low kill streak rewards.  It's not difficult to get 3 kills with a knife, pop the UAV and get two more.  That gets you a predator which is good for one more kill.  The care package will either be crap or great but you'll get 2 to 4 care packages per game with the knife.

The grenade launcher has awesome range, requires less aim, and with danger close is instant kill to anyone in the vicinity.  Add in one man army and you have unlimited ammo and unlimited claymores.  All you need to do is a take a high ground position, block off the entrances with claymores, and launch away.  Use an attack helicopter, pavelow, and ac130 as your rewards and you can rack the kills up.

Try and do that with an assault rifle.  You have to have pin-point precision to hit anything and my right thumb just can't do it.

Now if the game supported mouse and keyboard I'd be using assault rifles all day long.  I have the game on both PC and xbox.  I'm lucky to get kills on xbox with the famas.  On the PC I can rape the map with famas.

It's ridiculous.  :)

I can get 20 to 30 kills running around stabbing people [...]

That's because the game is full of Rambos sprinting around. That's hardly the knife's fault. It's not like Taliban in Afghanistan is whining about their opponents having night and thermal vision either.

"Boo hoo, my bank robbery failed because the SWAT team had snipers, assault rifles, flashbangs, etc. and I only had a pistol."

The entire point is that you're supposed to be better equipped and employ better tactics than your opponents. The latter is something this game severely lacks. I don't think I've been in a single match where people actually tried cooperating. Everybody is just running around for themselves minding their own business. You see, if people actually played together, they'd say "yo, this roopurt dude is lurking in the corners with his knife" but that doesn't happen.

As for aiming with a thumb stick, that's your fault for choosing an inferior platform :P

The entire point is that you're supposed to be better equipped and employ better tactics than your opponents. The latter is something this game severely lacks. I don't think I've been in a single match where people actually tried cooperating. Everybody is just running around for themselves minding their own business. You see, if people actually played together, they'd say "yo, this roopurt dude is lurking in the corners with his knife" but that doesn't happen.

I can't agree more.  Mediocre players with teamwork will beat skilled players with no teamwork 9/10 times.

yo, this roopurt dude is lurking in the corners with his knife

You can't lurk in corners if you expect to get a high number of knife kills.  Lurking you might pull of 5 to 10 kills in a map.  You have to go balls-to-the-wall and sprint around like a maniac.  Watch your map and figure out which way they're headed and flank them.  I can't tell you how many times I've gotten 3 people in the back all clumped together before the fourth person even starts to turn around and I usually get him too.

There's only one strategy to fight against a maniac with a knife.  Back yourself into a corner and watch every opening.  As a team you can try and hold a building and cover all of the entrances.

But if you try either I'll pick up on it after a couple of failed knife attempts near the vicinity.  Then out comes my grenade launching "whore" class and I'll clear out that building in a heartbeat and get another kill streak reward on top of it.

FYI this is all on xbox.  It doesn't work as well on PC because of the extreme accuracy and flexibility a mouse and keyboard afford you.

Be thankful I don't have highspeed internet access and an xbox live account.. I'd rape all your asses with the sniper rifle, like this guy.

Boom! Headshot! *respawn* WFT? From where?!

[ot]I likes headshots from a safe, undisclosed location.. screw kill streaks. Head shots people.. that's where it's at! Call me a cherry picking coward if you will.. I'll notify your teammates that your bodybag is on the way...

Also off topic, with regards to keyboards and mice, you would think that since consoles have USB ports, developers would include the ability to set up controls to use those as opposed to the joypad. I personally would love to see console games embrace the 'PC way' in that regard.[/ot]

I have yet to see anyone on xbox use a sniper rifle and dominate the server; it just doesn't happen.  Again, it's the thumb-stick that gets in the way.  I *might* get 10 kills on a map with sniper rifle and that's if the other team has some serious brain damage going on.

The PC is a different story in that regard.  I've made it on top of the building in high rise with a sniper rifle and tactical insertion.  The result is always amusing.

I would literally get more entertainment hoovering the stairs than to just sit around camping / waiting for someone to run past so you can stab them in the back! What is the point??

Yeah, It's stupid. That is why I play domination over team deathmatch, as there are points to secure, you need planning and skill not running around the map camping and shooting random people.

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.