Modern Warfare 2?

Maq

• Replies 120
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

camping is a legit strategy?  Funny how the only people who say that are the campers.

It's fun, but in a "I like being an asshole" sort of way.  Which I have no issues with/doing.  But calling it a legit strategy? pfft.

Of course it's a legit strategy. Using cover is usually a pretty advantageous thing to do. Running around like you're Rambo after snorting several lines of coke isn't always the best line of action.

For real. Everybody knows that snipers in real armies run around all the time. Especially because high powered sniper rifles are easy to shoot when you're moving.

Also, when real soldiers are getting shot at, the first thing they do is leap into the air. You're a pussy if you cannot jump when you're taking bullet fire AND shoot back at the same time.

mmm, no, hiding somewhere and sniping someone is not the same as camping.  Camping is when you kill someone and camp the respawn point and kill them over and over again, taking advantage of the respawned person not having full health, not being ready for battle, etc... basically exploiting the inherent flaws of respawning after death, which vary from game to game.  Which is not possible IRL, cuz you like, only have 1 life.

mmm, no, hiding somewhere and sniping someone is not the same as camping.  Camping is when you kill someone and camp the respawn point and kill them over and over again, taking advantage of the respawned person not having full health, not being ready for battle, etc... basically exploiting the inherent flaws of respawning after death, which vary from game to game.  Which is not possible IRL, cuz you like, only have 1 life.

Yea, but I have to admit - I am an asshole in that regard. In COD MW2, people use "Tactical Insertions". They allow them to respawn back into the spot that they placed the flare. Now, whenever I see an enemy tactical insertion, I either place a claymore there or wait with a shotgun.

Is anyone actually able to earn their 6 or 7+ kill streak rewards reliably?  I always seem to come so close and then some a-hole shoots me in the back.  :(

I struggle to get the 3 kill streak, I've only once got a 4 kill streak. Yes, I'm not that good.

Is anyone actually able to earn their 6 or 7+ kill streak rewards reliably?  I always seem to come so close and then some a-hole shoots me in the back.  :(

My first killstreak is at 7 kills, so yeah, I'm a bit of an arrogant wanker.

Helicopter -> Pavelow -> Chopper Gunner or AC

I hate that though. So many times I've gotten six kills in quick succession. Then I wait for ages trying to get my next kill and nobody comes across me. Then I get impatient and get shot. It's even more annoying when you get your killstreak and the game is just about to end or somebody else's killstreak is blocking you from calling yours in.

I usually get at least 3-5 kill streaks, sometimes I can get a chopper or two. I play a lot of free for all though, so I usually get shot in the back right before a kill streak reward. The funny thing is that 70% of the players in FFA are campers, and most of them suck at it anyway

I hate that though. So many times I've gotten six kills in quick succession. Then I wait for ages trying to get my next kill and nobody comes across me. Then I get impatient and get shot. It's even more annoying when you get your killstreak and the game is just about to end or somebody else's killstreak is blocking you from calling yours in.

Ditto.

How about favorite load-outs?

I think my most successful is one I call sneaky:

scavenger pro, cold-blooded pro, ninja pro, m4a1 w/ silencer or a holographic, handgun, semtex or frag, and flash or stuns

When a map isn't going my way I'll switch to:

akimbo p-90, akimbo shotties, marathon pro, lightweight pro, commando pro and run around shanking people

I have some classes for sniping but I think with how good assault rifles are sniping is mostly a waste of time.  I don't think I've ever gone a whole round with a sniper rifle and gotten more than 10 kills.  Whereas I can run around like an idiot with an assault rifle and get 20+ kills with just as many deaths (it's usually a 1:1 trade off of killing some guy and then getting shot by his buddy).

I love this game! I sorta didn't like it at first compared to WAW, as most of the guns seemed to only differentiate in stats, not really how they worked. But I've come pretty well into it. I'm prestige 1 so far, level 49 so i'm getting there. I have insomnia so I play from midnight-5am when I don't have anything the next day so i'm doing pretty well.

My KD was 0.8 for a long run, but I was just playing, I manage to get an average like 23:9 each round so I'll bump it up soon.

My favourite weapon's: Barrett .50c w/FMJ, SPAS-12 shotgun, Akimbo 1887's, ACR.

I managed to get 760~ kills with the SPAS, good shotgun, got an awsome title  for it. Slowly working up to the 1000 where I can get that kickass emblem!

Man I'm babbling on a lot, it's 7am, don't know when to sleep. (Nor did I know there was a misc section to talk about stuff like this)

Oh, Perks are usually Stopping power/Steady Aim (for shotgun/thermal aiming)/Bling.

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.