Modern Warfare 2?

Maq

I remember the 'uproar' surrounding Soldier of Fortune when somebody realised that killing American civilians was punished, but killing civilians in the Afghan levels wasn't. This does sort of take that up a step. What I'd be interested in knowing is if the Russians are more upset about the fact you slaughter Russian civilians, or the fact that the Russians themselves are to blame.

On a side note I finally managed to do 'The Pit' in under 30seconds for the trophy, I'm so proud! lol

• Replies 120
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 3 weeks later...

Oh man I just picked this up and it is sweet. I leveled through the first one bout 3 times, and this one is just as sick. I love the .50 Cal Sniper / Auto-Shotgun Combo. I have to say the only thing I dont like is the nuke killstreak, but if you've gotten 25 kills your team is prolly gonna win it anyway :P.

I'm on the PS3 as Josh_45 if anyone wants in. And I'm too lazy to make a new thread atm, due to MW-2, but I've got some Google Wave Invites, if anyone is interested. I reserve right to choose who, etc, blah but its prolly first come first serve (5). Hopefully this isn't thread HiJack since it is on page 3, and maybe I just want people who care about CoD to have em ;) lol

Josh

• 2 weeks later...

Haha Daniel!

I visited some family for Thanksgiving and they had this on xbox.  We spent 4 days playing it and I bought an xbox and new TV just for this when we got home.

Since 1998 I've only had the patience to complete three games in single player:

Half Life

Half Life 2

Warhammer 40k:  Dawn of War 2

Otherwise all of my gaming is strictly multiplayer and MW2 is so addicting.

My only complaint centers around playing first-person shooters on game controllers.  Trying to aim with a joystick and my right thumb is the most frustrating experience on the planet.  I can't tell you how many "easy" kills I've missed that sent me into a swearing tirade under my breath.  Give me a mouse and keyboard any day.

Then why not buy it for PC? Anyways, I bought it a few weeks ago (for PC of course, fuck joysticks for shooters). It's awesome. The single player campaign was kind of short though. I think I finished it in about 6 hours. Then there is of course specops as well. I'm having a lot of fun with the multiplayer. My favorite modes are domination, sabotage and demolition.

My only complaint centers around playing first-person shooters on game controllers.  Trying to aim with a joystick and my right thumb is the most frustrating experience on the planet.  I can't tell you how many "easy" kills I've missed that sent me into a swearing tirade under my breath.  Give me a mouse and keyboard any day.

I'm like that as well, although I'm slowly getting used to the controller. Funnily enough, as far as I can remember, I too have only ever completed Half-Life and Half-Life 2.

I'm the opposite. I couldn't use a keyboard and/or mouse to play a game. Single player was far too short, but still enjoyable to play. The Multiplayer is what I bought the game for. Level 70 at the moment, but I'm not going to do prestige. I don't see the point in losing every attachment, weapon and perk I've earned just get a pretty badge. Highest Kill-Death-Ratio on my friend list at the moment - hoping to hit 2.0. Can only really play the hardcore modes though. In the non-Hardcore modes, you have to literally empty an entire magazine into somebody just to kill them - and you're fucked if you come across 3 or more because you'll most likely have to reload after killing the second guy. The 1887 shotguns are the sexiest thing ever though. Running around with two of those in your hands (Akimbo) is just brilliant.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sbIP5cBcl10

The 1887 shotguns are the sexiest thing ever though. Running around with two of those in your hands (Akimbo) is just brilliant.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sbIP5cBcl10

Definitely, those things are immense! Gun Arnie uses in T2 isn't it?

Think so. Their range is incredible for a shotgun. In places like Skidrow where I usually use a sniper rifle, it's handy to have those two shotguns for roaming around corners and buildings.

Think so. Their range is incredible for a shotgun. In places like Skidrow where I usually use a sniper rifle, it's handy to have those two shotguns for roaming around corners and buildings.

Pft, I get sniped with those bad boys from like halfway across the map. I think they are kinda overpowered for the game. (Same with the riot shield. A .50cal can't even cut through it...really now?)

Pft, I get sniped with those bad boys from like halfway across the map. I think they are kinda overpowered for the game. (Same with the riot shield. A .50cal can't even cut through it...really now?)

True. But if you're playing HC and you have a .50 Cal, you should aim for their feet. Or get your claymores out. Semtex works too. Or you could throw a flash grenade over their heads and then flank them.

The 1887 shotguns are the sexiest thing ever though. Running around with two of those in your hands (Akimbo) is just brilliant.

Hell yeah. I keep getting owned by people dual wielding those. I'm looking forward to unlocking them. I'm like level 27 right now.

Once you unlock the 1887, kill 10 people with it and you've unlocked akimbo. I was just playing against one of my mates a few minutes ago and I killed him from at least 10 metres away with one shot. They're great for clearing out a room full of people (Skidrow).

I keep getting owned by people with the dual 1887s too, at what point are they unlocked? Think I'm only at 22 or something, don't have time to play it much... Those Semtex grenades are hilarious when you can successfully stick them to someone!

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.