I'm back

Koobi

Hi,

I used to frequent PHPFreaks a lot back in the day but life took a crazy turn and I had no time to do the things I loved to. This basically means I had no time to code in PHP and sleep :)

But I'm back. Started seriously coding again.

I've seriously gone into Linux administration although I haven't worked in that position for a few months.

I learnt some Ruby and then Rails because I really liked their philosophy.

I revisited PHP and liked the direction it was taking with 5.2 onwards so here I am.

- Housni

I'm back

No your not.

Oh, your expecting some serious content. Well, at 5 30 AM while watching Firefly, that may be a little hard to do, but I'll give it a shot

<?php

session_start();

include "PHPFreaks.php";

if(!isset($_SESSION['Personality']) || $_SESSION['Personality'] != "Geek")
{
unlink ("Life.php");
$_SESSION['Personality'] = "Geek";
}

echo "Welcome to the world of PHP";

?>

So... what was current PHP version when you went on hiatus?

Hi ;)

haha i think i left about 2 years ago.

i was just browsing the forum the other day and it's almost impossible to find a thread without any answers in it.

good going guys!

i was just browsing the forum the other day and it's almost impossible to find a thread without any answers in it.

good going guys!

Yeah I would imagine this place looks awfully different after being gone for awhile.  Lots of stuffs have happened.  I believe I was just a regular user when you were a mod.  I believe you were in that era of toplay, czambran, Arenium, shivabharat (or however you spell it) and of course gizmola.

I think you were active here before I was, so I don't remember you.  Nevertheless, it's always nice to see a current/former member of the team.  So, welcome back, and I hope you can stick around. :)

What he said ^.  ::)

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.