Ascii display issue...

almightyegg

I have made a message board running with PHP and MySQL and I've noticed that posts sometimes turn out like this:

Hi...these are the details from the last letter that went out on Hallowe'en....

SOME NEW DETAILS FOR THIS HALF TERM!

1/ Music Hall tickets on sale: bring lota of chums – it’ll be a HOOOOT! This Sat 14th Nov, Hopton Village Hall, £5/£3, bring your own refreshment.

2/ New gig: BSE Xmas light switch-on WOOHOO!!! 19 Nov, Cadets be there 5.00 (sing 5.15-5.30), Seniors 5.30 (sing 5.45-6). Meet by stage.DRESS WARMLY WITH VS HOODIES AND CHRISTMAS DECORATIONS!

3/ 9th Dec, Cadets and Seniors IMPORTANT rehearsal Cathedral 4-5. Gig 7pm!

4/ Rehearsals for 18th Dec (“Of Stars and Angelsâ€, now at St Johns Church, tickets on sale):

-We already had a rehearsal 12 Dec, but I've extended it both ways for both groups, SO 9.30-1.00 Seniors and Cadets, Sally Army. LMA PEOPLE it'd be great if you can make the beginning, then leave maybe 11.30 to give plenty of time to go on for Children of Eden...do advise me if this doesn't work.

Tues 15th Dec Cadets 4.30-6.45, Seniors 5-7.30 AT ST JOHNS CHURCH!!! This will be the only time we get to put everyone together!

-ON THE DAY I’d like everyone straight from school please, with packed tea, at St John’s. Any mums available to chaperone please? Watch out for costume list which will be issued shortly (an easy one, don’t panic!)… and BRING LOTS OF FRIENDS! I’m pretty excited about the new piece. Though obviously not biased!

Love from Me and my Lovely Staff and Support Crew.

☺ ☺ ☺

Notice a lot of random ascii characters... It happens when I put it into the database and I'm not sure why...

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.