Please help me with the following php coding

mga

$vv2='variable2<input type="text" name="vars2" size="30" value="<?php
echo htmlspecialchars($var2 ); ?>"> ';

Please tell me what is wrong with this code, actually i want to save the value of $var2 in mysql db,but the above code is saving "<?php echo htmlspecialchars($var2 ); ?>"  into mysql db.

I appreciate your help.

Thanks,

What's wrong with the "code" you posted is that - as posted - all it does is try to set the variable $vv2 to a rather odd string. The other oddity is that the embedded input has the name vars2 but tries to echo the value of var2 acquired from who knows where.

On balance, I think we need to know a bit more about the code if we're to provide constructive help.

The value of $var2 will be html/url string, i thought to use funcation "htmlspecialchars" 
i have to use the php tag. if you have any sample code to store the html and url values
in mysql db,could you please send to me.

Thanks,

Actually i want to store the htmlspecialchars value of $var2  into the variable $vv2,
for that i used value="<?php echo htmlspecialchars($var2 ); ?>"

if the above is not correct,could you please let me know the syntax for that.

Thanks,

Remove the PHP tags as you are already in php mode:

[code=php:0]$vv2 = 'variable2<input type="text" name="vars2" size="30" value="' . htmlspecialchars($var2) . '">';[/code]

If you want to add a variable to a string use the concatenation operator (.)

Is that what you want?

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.