Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

jvalarta

Command Line PHP - 2 Questions

QUESTION 1:

Q-- Is it possible to append GET variables to a PHP string via command line? I can not get this to work:

> myscript.php?f00=1&bar=2&etc=blah

QUESTION 2:

When I start a PHP script via command line, it runs fine, until I close the terminal window (then it dies). If I do this, it returns a prompt, but still dies if I close the terminal window:

> myscript.php &

Q-- How can I start a PHP script to run and then be able to close the terminal window and have it continue to execute?

myscript.php?f00=1&bar=2&etc=blah

No it doesnt work from my knolledge as the $_GET is used in conjuntion with the webserver and running from command line it wouldnt pass them correctly

i've seen that from a php file you can launch like this exec("php $path $param > /dev/null &");
but not sure if php $path $param > /dev/null & will work from command line aloan...

regards
Liam

Ok, I see. I could use exec() but I don't quite understand the syntax. I went to php.net/exec but that's no clearer. Can you explain how I say foo=bar&etc=blah using exec?

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.