Firefox don't know Firefox

Daniel0

I just downloaded and untarred Firefox 2.0 Beta 1 and while using it I found something I found quite funny. For those of you who may not know it, Firefox 2.0 comes with a built-in spell checker which checks all form fields for spelling errors and underline them with red. Now while typing in a form field, I used the word Firefox, the funny thing is that Firefox don't know the word Firefox.

most spell checkers are built around a pre-packaged dictonary. Sometimes that dictonary has the ability to learn new words if you add them, such as spell checkers in Microsoft Word, but others don't.  Moreso, I am sure they did not think about opening up the pre-packaged dictonary and putting in the word firefox, but if they would have I am sure they would have. (wow, that last part is confusing :) )

Yeah, I know they would probably have used a pre-built (or whatever it should be called) dictionary file, it's still quite funny though (at least I think so). The spell-checker actually kinda works like the MS Word's (and many other office systems') spell checker.

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.