need help finding a basic access management script i can learn from

gibbo1715

HI all

Does anyone know where i can find the following, im getting my head round php slowly but this would help me out a lot

What im after is a script that works with a mysql database that allows users to be registered by an administrator into different usergroups and then based on usergroup be able to give access to different parts of the site

I d like to be able to create as many usergroups as i like and then assign pages to that usergroup

hope that makes sense, if anyone can point me to something that does this or would get me started i d ap[preciate it

thanks

Gibbo

Most things with specific permissions deals with something call ACL (Access control lists), but are a fairly complicated topic when you get to the lowest level of it. The data structures typically deal with integers representing permissions and utilizing bitmasks to check these permissions.

Unfortunately, since you're new, which is no big deal since we all were just starting out at some point, it would probably be pretty scary. If you really want to look into how real systems do it, or if you're feeling adventurous, you can google "Access control list" or "ACL". You could also check out Zend Framework's ACL class: http://framework.zend.com/manual/en/zend.acl.html .

edit: broken link, silly period.

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.