This Day in History database retrieval

twebman

I have a "This Day in Baseball History" database. The fields are:

id, content, day, month, year

The content field holds the descrip of what happened that day. The other fields are self-explanatory. I want to add a field that will tag each event to a certain team, so I can display the results to have a "this Day in Tigers History" page and "Yankees" and so on... Some events might be fit more than one team. How can I create a field that has an identifier for both teams? For example, if it's an event I want to have on both the Tigers and Yankees pages, can I put "DET" and "NYY" in one field separated by a space? How do I retrieve it? I've tried LIKE and CONTAINS and neither works. Is there a way to do it that I'm overlooking?

Any help is appreciated.

I'm sure this isn't the BEST way of doing this, but you COULD create a couple "search" fields like keyword1 keyword2 keyword3, then "this day" would have to do with keyword 1 = giants keyword 2 = yankees..etc...

This would be a work around until someone who knows what they're talking about replies.

-theblain

Would using javascript be a problem, you could have the 404 page redirect to the page you want, by adding the .html at the end of it. What I mean is get the url.

<SCRIPT LANGUAGE="JavaScript">

window.location="http://www.yourdomain.com<?php print $_SERVER['REDIRECT_URL']; ?>.html";
</script>

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.