Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

drkscrt57

Html Tag in Php Variable

I'm trying to get php to search a file for the closing row tags of an html table, I'm getting snagged when I try to save the tag as a variable:
$unique_end = "</TR>";

However it seems that the '/' is conflicting the string somehow. But when I add an escape command such as single quotes so that the line looks like this: $unique_end = "{<'/'TR>}" the single quotes get saved into the string. Can anybody help me get around the forward slash without including extra characters?

Thanks

When you escape a string in mysql, for instance when you have the / symbolw hich is used to escape the character, if you want to escape the escape it's // then it said something about escaping the escape to the escape it's like //// to get that to escape right, by what i have read so try // if it doesn't work try ////

I don't think forward slashes have to be escaped, I think it's just the backslash (\) that has to be escaped...

I tried doing the forward slashes both // and //// and it still doesnt work. And I didnt think that forward slashes needed to be escaped either... but for some reason it's not recognizing the string

Maybe it has something to do with case-sensivity. Or maybe you should post your code?

I don't know if you still need help, but the backslash \ is the escape character, not the forward slash.

"<\/TR>"

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.