Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

andrewb

Duplicate Username

Hi,
I have just purchased a job search site from Dot Com Builder and have begun modifying some of the fields ( some I have deleted also) to suit Autralian job searching conditions. When I register as a job seeker or an employer and get to the create username and pword it comes up with an error message Duplicate username - try another. I have asked their tech support to have a look at it but they have told me that since I have modified the content the error message such as Duplicate Username will happen and they suggest I don't modify the site and re-intall the original one which defeats modifying it in the first place..
Now surely that cannot be correct? Why would such an error message come up?

Any assistance or thoughts will be appreciated.

While doing the registration process they may be checking for the username existance.
There may be some query to check this before insertion. You may be changed that query
I think.

Thanks for that, maybe I have deleted something I should'nt have. I might try again. Thanks again.

Word of Advice
ANY script you download / buy
Zip it (although they are normally zipped)
And keep it to one side.
If you mess up, you can just go back to the orig

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.