Passing a variable to the browser to view a record

Hello there... I'm having trouble with a record update form. I have a repeating table that lists all records in my database and have an arrow image that points to page.php?<?php echo $row_Recordset1['Tag_Number']; ?>

However when clicking on this link, The page that displays is the last record entered... not the one with the corresponding Tag_Number I was searching for.

I created a record update form called page.php. By opening the page with the ? and the variable shouldn't it open the corresponding page?

Any help would be great.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

to make this work:

Try to send the the record id which should be part of the databse as an autoincrement colum

like this page.php?id=$id

i believe that you can use a url variable when you are creating your recordset. then you get the ? after the .php

hope this helps

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.