How do i solve this error? (Warning: Cannot modify header information)

ChrisMartino

You must add ob_start at the top of your PHP script (above any whitespace) to rectify the problem. It starts the output buffer.

<?php
ob_start(); //start the output buffer, at the top!
?>

[html code..]

<?php
header('Location:...');// Works now
?>

EDIT: Place it ABOVE any of your HTML code, ob_start at top, close the tag and then you can output HTML.

that worked, Thanks!, But now i get this "Register

Register your *Free account at FreeFile!

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/christop/public_html/websites/file/register.php:9) in /home/christop/public_html/websites/file/register.php on line 110"

http://pastebin.com/m6f6294d6

that worked, Thanks!, But now i get this "Register

Register your *Free account at FreeFile!

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/christop/public_html/websites/file/register.php:9) in /home/christop/public_html/websites/file/register.php on line 110"

http://pastebin.com/m6f6294d6

Is register.php the file you put ob_start() in? If it's another php file than I believe you must do the same for it. Headers are meant to be sent before content, so you have to use this 'bandage' to let it work that way. Sometimes they completely fail and you must find a different method, but this one doesn't seem too hard.

You should use Switch statments, what you doing is nightmare to manage.. The elese if statments, try this.

Why no just put your "Business logic" in the top of the page? Then assign the variables back to the page with arrays, (You can see this example of what I mean by)

Here is a switch statment,

//  register.php?action=register
Switch($_GET['action']){

case 'register':
       // stuff
        break; // Completely exits the switch statement

case 'thanks':
      // stuff
       break;

default:
       // nothing
       break;
}

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.