Adobe AIR board?

As Mchl pointed out, creating a forum for something doesn't magically make people flock to it.  You have to promote it, and seeing as how we are, as Dan pointed out, a php community, that's not going to happen.

If we actually started seeing a lot of threads about AIR show up on their own (and consistently), I would support creating a (sub) forum for it.  But as it stands right now, there's not enough activity to support that.  That's how virtually all of the non-php forums are, in principle.  Every single one of them, even the javascript and mysql ones, are there because there is enough activity, not because we are a mysql or javascript community.

We have a flex board but how about an AIR board. There is just not enough help out there for AIR aside from the actual docs (which are confusing as heck).

If you want help, there's no harm asking in the most relevant forum here: if people have the knowledge (or time/inclination to seek it out for you) then you'll get replies. If you don't get replies, there are plenty of AIR-centric communities elsewhere to ask for help. I've no idea how many PHPFreaks have played with AIR in whatever form. 

I think that it would bring a LOT of new visitors to the site.
As would giving away kittens.

I think that it would bring a LOT of new visitors to the site.
As would giving away kittens.

And exceptionally good grade quality hardcore p0rn.. lots and lots of it (slowly turns head, wide-eyed and looks at CV - Your stash! Offer it! And they WILL come!)

you can't see air because it's invisible.

Air is not invisible.

Air isn't a constant and varies, but generally the 3 major components of air are Nitrogen, Oxygen and Argon, all are color-less gases at STP.

'Invisible' by definition, refers what to what is undetectable by the human eye.

Invisible simply means "not visible". It does not say anything about the preconditions. By the dictionary definition, I can be invisible by hiding behind something. In that state, I am invisible. Visibility involves a perceiver and the perceived. Air, in it's common state is not visible to the average un-aided eye. That does not make it incapable of being visible, hence, not absolutely "invisible".

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Invisible

Not that any type of microscope powerful enough to view atoms even exists in the first place. The only way that we can actually generate images of atoms is through STMs, whose images aren't actually images of the atoms themselves but computer generated depictions based on data acquired.

Not that any type of microscope powerful enough to view atoms even exists in the first place. The only way that we can actually generate images of atoms is through STMs, whose images aren't actually images of the atoms themselves but computer generated depictions based on data acquired.

Given sufficient magnification you would be able to see anything regardless of size. Just because a piece of technology doesn't exist doesn't mean it cannot exist.

Usually air isn't visible to a human. But "invisible" (without context), suggests that it is not capable of being visible, which is false.

No such thing exists, so when talking about non-fictitious things it must be implicitly understood that there is a context. Therefore, when someone says "air is invisible" it's logical to assume the person means "to me".

Natural languages cannot be correctly interpreted if everything is taken literally.

Given sufficient magnification you would be able to see anything regardless of size. Just because a piece of technology doesn't exist doesn't mean it cannot exist.

Yes, of course, and I wasn't stating otherwise. I was just saying that at current we don't posses the the technology.

Unless your eyes are sensitive to ultra short wavelength electromagnetic waves, there actually is a limit of what details can be seen in visible light.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Angular_resolution

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.