PHP Image Creating

mart94

Hi, i searched form internet "Image creating" script, i found one and this is working great, but is it possible to give this file name like picture.png to use it forum avatar.

PHP Code:

<?php

$my_img = imagecreate( 130, 130 );

$background = imagecolorallocate( $my_img, 255, 255, 255 );

$font  = 'Bedizen.ttf';

$text = "Kell On:";

$size = 11;

$text_color = imagecolorallocate( $my_img, 0, 0, 255 );
$text_color2 = imagecolorallocate( $my_img, 255, 0, 0 );

$date = date("G:i:s");

imagesetthickness ( $my_img, 5 );

imagettftext($my_img, $size, 4, 40, 50, $text_color, $font, $text); 
imagettftext($my_img, $size, 4, 35, 65, $text_color2, $font, $date); 

header( "Content-type: image/png" );
imagepng( $my_img );
imagecolordeallocate( $text_color );
imagecolordeallocate( $background );
imagedestroy( $my_img ); 

?>

www.xcsx.eu/test2.php

All the best:

Mart

Creating a .htaccess file with this in it and putting it in the same directory should work.

<Files "picture.png">
AddType application/x-httpd-php .png
</Files>

Just rename your php script "picture.png", and the code above should enable picture.png to be parsed as a php file.

You can send a PNG image from PHP by changing the header to 

<?php
header("Content-Type: image/x-png");

That tells the browser its an PNG image.  The actual File extension  .php , .png, jpg etc, really are meaningless.

Its the header that matter.

Edit, I see you already have that. :examine: Well I guess you can do what AlexWD says. Is the forum  your trying to put php image not allowing .php ext in the image name? Its kinda stupid though. Since the ext, as I said is meaningless, specially if you can just change the .png to served as php on the server with that .htaccess, it just shows you how flawed such "restrictions" are. They fail.  :D

Most forum dont' except images from externals sources, I imagine it would be easy to server up a Javascript threw a supposed image, then do XSS somehow with the image tag.  :keep_quiet:

Creating a .htaccess file with this in it and putting it in the same directory should work.

<Files "picture.png">
AddType application/x-httpd-php .png
</Files>

Just rename your php script "picture.png", and the code above should enable picture.png to be parsed as a php file.

Doesn't work, maybe it's mine mistake but now renamed php script "picture.png" will start download, and can't be dispalyed...

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.