Hi From A PHP Newbie

robsteruk

Hi All,

I've just registered after a few months of deciding not to, due to so many professionals and people who seem to know their php coding, I am a little worried how a newbie would be accepted without the same knowledge as experienced pro's.

I've had to take the plunge either way, due to having a php based e commerce store that I am making good headway on by my previous guider has disappeared on me, leaving me with several niggling / frustrating PHP code sections of my e-store unfinished.

This is naturally going to affect my set in stone launch date of my home based business of January 4th 2010 and this is really starting to worry me, get me down and hate myself for my lack on php knowledge inside out etc. Take a look at my store if you would like to be nosey at www.shopfullstop.co.uk

On the up side, I do pick up things quite quickly but sometimes the information just doesn't go in and stay in (my brain) and I require some kind guidance / pointers to get where I need a given php code to get me and my e-store.

I've not being in a position throughout my life to set aside time or finances to attend college / university for coding of any form, so I am purely self taught for where I am up to currently, I'm quite happy with my self taught knowledge in various areas but naturally PHP and mySQL scared me to death in the past lol.

So I'm hoping I can tap in to the experienced php'ers here and enable me to start sleeping again at night, or virtually at all would be nice without worrying about my looming deadline.  :'(

Anyway, I hope you all go easy on me and I will ease myself in gently to the forum with a first post in the relevant section regarding inserting an image directly in to php code.

Have A Great Weekend All.

Regards,

Rob

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.