To those who think twitter is useless...

nrg_alpha

Isn't it sort of stupid planning fights in a public forum (unless it's a martial arts/boxing competition or whatever) or just generally planning illegal things publicly? Not like I expect people who plan such things to be very smart anyway.

Exactly! Those uneducated thugs will perhaps realise sooner rather than later that it's perhaps a very bad idea to tweet your opponent / intentions. But hey, this is how nature weans out the idiots from the smart ones... through modern day technology  :happy-04:

Maybe they will use their own gangster encryption method that requires a secure hashed key so the cops cannot find the location....

Now note an example encrypted string in gangster terminology is "met at teh prk ner 4ty forth and wash" and a "hashed" key is a pipe that just got smoked.

Isn't it sort of stupid planning fights in a public forum (unless it's a martial arts/boxing competition or whatever) or just generally planning illegal things publicly? Not like I expect people who plan such things to be very smart anyway.

You mean I should take down that thread I just started about the bank heist?  ;)

Investigators are monitoring the traffic in hopes of sweeping up gangbangers before the bloodshed - and searching Twitter after attacks for clues.

PMSL, you gotta love the police's (well, reporters') misunderstanding of "street" terminology.

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.