5 replies to this topic

#1 lpxxfaintxx

lpxxfaintxx
  • Members
  • PipPipPip
  • Advanced Member
  • 181 posts

Posted 22 August 2006 - 10:48 PM

I own the domain 'UploadFreaks.com' which would go perfectly with ____Freaks.com.. What should I do with it? Develop it? Donate it? Sell it? :)

#2 ober

ober
  • Staff Alumni
  • Advanced Member
  • 5,337 posts
  • LocationEast Coast, USA

Posted 22 August 2006 - 10:52 PM

.... I'm not sure what you would do with such a domain.  I don't think anyone would want to buy it.

Info: PHP Manual

#3 steelmanronald06

steelmanronald06
  • Staff Alumni
  • Advanced Member
  • 2,004 posts
  • LocationOk

Posted 22 August 2006 - 10:55 PM

i guess if eric wanted to start something like pastebox or something where we could paste our code when in chats, or a place to upload images of our websites for design questions in the forums (so we don't take up so much space), he could use uploadfreaks.com...other than that, let it expire or use it yourself.  it isn't like thewebfreaks has a patent on ___freaks.com or anyother freaks site unless it competes with theirs in some way.

#4 .josh

.josh
  • Staff Alumni
  • .josh
  • 14,871 posts

Posted 23 August 2006 - 06:16 AM

just out of curiosity, was this a subtle attempt to stress that last part of your statement to someone in particular?  :D

I own the domain 'UploadFreaks.com' which would go perfectly with ____Freaks.com.. What should I do with it? Develop it? Donate it? Sell it?

Did I help you? Feeling generous? Buy me lunch! 
Please, take the time and do some research and find out how much it would have cost you to get your help from a decent paid-for source. A "roll-of-the-dice" freelancer will charge you $5-$15/hr. A decent entry level freelancer will charge you around $15-30/hr. A professional will charge you anywhere from $50-$100/hr. An agency will charge anywhere from $100-$250/hr. Think about all this when soliciting for help here. Think about how much money you are making from the work you are asking for help on. No, we do not expect you to pay for the help given here, but donating a few bucks is a fraction of the cost of what you would have paid, shows your appreciation, helps motivate people to keep offering help without the pricetag, and helps make this a higher quality free-help community :)

#5 lpxxfaintxx

lpxxfaintxx
  • Members
  • PipPipPip
  • Advanced Member
  • 181 posts

Posted 24 August 2006 - 04:11 AM

Haha, not really.. but if someone is willing, I'd love it. Anyways, the point is I am brainstorming all I can do with this domain if I develop it.

#6 steelmanronald06

steelmanronald06
  • Staff Alumni
  • Advanced Member
  • 2,004 posts
  • LocationOk

Posted 24 August 2006 - 12:34 PM

three choices I see:

1) Develop on the domain...it isn't like we copyright __freaks.com or anything.

2) Donate the domain to Eric, cause I really don't see him buying it. I don't know, he might surprise us and buy it, but the odds are slim.

3) Let it expire.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users