Two questions- Delete message & Find button

DarrenReeder

Hello, first thing ill ask about is my Delete message button..

I have got a message system and the messages get stored into a table in my Database...I have a loop to show all of the message you have recieved on page and i have a delete message button but i dont know how you delete that particular message..here is the code for that..

while($rows=mysql_fetch_array($result))
{
    echo "<font color='red'>From:</font> <font color=white>" . $rows['from_user'] . "</font><br>";
echo "<font color='red'>Contents:</font> <font color=white>" . $rows['message_contents'] . "</font><br>";
echo "<a href=''><font color='yellow'>Delete Message</font></a><br><br>";
}

Thanks for anyone who can help out on this one..

my other question is how i search in the database for somthing that has it in its name... at the moment if i search for 'darren' it will only go to my username with 'darren'...but i want it to if i search for 'dar' it will search for everything with 'dar' in its name (then ill make a list of them all..but i can PROBALY do this..hopefullly

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.