auto redirecting to other pages

dnzone

Can anyone teach me how i can redirect my page for one page to another page automatically.

My senario is like this, I have a login page in which when the user login I will set the cookie and after 5 to 10 minutes my cookie will expire. And when the cookie expire I will redirect the page to an error page to tell the user that he or she need to login again. And from the error page I want it to automatically redirect itself to the login page so that the user can login again.

So how can i redirect my page from the error page to the login page automatically after a few second. Can anyone teach me. Thanks.

i would make an html meta tag to automatically refresh the page after x amount of minutes

<meta http-equiv="refresh" content="600">

that would make it refresh after 10 minutes (600 seconds) then in my script i would check to see if the cookie is expired and if so, do a header to the new page

<?
//if cookie expired {
  header ("location: blah.php");
}

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.