9/11 Conspiracy - It was an inside job.

waynewex

Given the context, I think it's pretty clear what "American" and "Muslim" is supposed to mean in this case. All the conspiracy theories regarding 9/11 I know involve the US government being behind the attacks, so obviously it's not some Texas redneck kind of American (yes, I'm stereotyping right now, maybe I should get my facts straight and figure out not all Texans are like that) or the person living in a cardboard box in NYC.

• Replies 97
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Given the context, I think it's pretty clear what "American" and "Muslim" is supposed to mean in this case. All the conspiracy theories regarding 9/11 I know involve the US government being behind the attacks, so obviously it's not some Texas redneck kind of American (yes, I'm stereotyping right now, maybe I should get my facts straight and figure out not all Texans are like that) or the person living in a cardboard box in NYC.

[ot]

Hey at least you narrow it down to just texas, as opposed to all of america, like many non-americans do.  Wait, I think I just stereotyped too.  Hey maybe we can create some kind of infinite stereotype loop

[/ot]

Oh yeah, I forgot to mention. You don't think the bold parts constitute stereotyping?

That is EXACTLY the kind of thinking that is leading the United States to be hated. I am a Muslim. I am white. You would never know that I was a Muslim by looking at me based on what you think a Muslim should look like. Add me on facebook if you doubt me, my username here is my last name and my first initial.

People like you have to realize that EVERY religion has extremists, and until this ignorant country learns to accept that, they will never see peace. I am not proud of those fools who did what they did. It's the standard myth of the cave outlook. They were taught to believe that they need to kill for their religion. They didn't know any better, but that doesn't make ALL Muslims like that. Get your facts straight.

Hypocrisy FTW!!

abazoskib, why you feel the need to mention you're a white Muslim is beyond me. Like I give a fuck. I try not to discriminate at all, but I definitely wont do it based on the colour of your skin (on a side note I do oppose all religion, Muslim, Christian and Jew alike, in case you wonder -- if that insults you go be insulted somewhere else). And NOBODY said ALL Muslims are this or that. ALL Muslims have only one thing unavoidably in common: that they're Muslim. Don't be a retard. Fact of the matter is many Muslims have an issue with the US. They don't burn US flags because it looks so pretty. And that's not just from images from CNN. I got Muslims in my proverbial backyard talking about throwing bombs on the US. And to a degree, I can't even blame them (talking about it, doing it or even actively advocating it is a different story of course). I'm European and no fan of the Bush administration either (although burning the flag seems over the top -- I'l stick with bashing the Republicans, no worse than the average American Democrat). We'll have to see to what degree Obama can live up to expectations but so far he gets the benefit of the doubt.

And CV, to say you'll find more America haters in Muslim countries than in the US is hardly stereotyping. That's realistic. Likewise, you'll find more Muslim haters in America than Muslim haters in Muslim countries. Duh. Grow up.

And CV, to say you'll find more America haters in Muslim countries than in the US is hardly stereotyping. That's realistic. Likewise, you'll find more Muslim haters in America than Muslim haters in Muslim countries. Duh. Grow up.

Well your statement wasn't really referencing location... but sure, let's throw that into the mix.  You say that's not stereotyping, but between that and telling me to grow up, you sort of failed to mention how that's not stereotyping. 

Hippos are such underrated creatures.  The one time they get the spotlight we stereotype them as greedy marble eaters.

hungry-hungry-hippos-small.jpg

That made me laugh and that's all I need out of the rest of this topic. 448191, you lost me after the second sentence. You're not going to prove anything to anyone, talking to them like that, but im sure again, you don't give a fuck.

Well your statement wasn't really referencing location... but sure, let's throw that into the mix.  You say that's not stereotyping, but between that and telling me to grow up, you sort of failed to mention how that's not stereotyping. 

My interpretation of stereotyping is this: take a commonly held belief about a certain group and apply it to an indivdual or distinct group of individuals. I say you'll find more America hating Muslims than America hating Americans. Maybe in the strictest sense that is stereotyping (or maybe not), but more importantly it's realistic. I have seen and heard Muslim people complain and bitch about the US, burn the US flag. There were a lot of them. Hence, many. I do not say "all Muslims hate America", or "if you're Muslim you must hate America". Hell, you wont even hear me say "if you're Muslim, you *probably* hate America". Because I don't know the probability of that, "many" is not a meaningful quantification. I can't make a quantification cause I don't have statistics. I can only make a relative quantification based on probability and the acknowledgment of the existence of xenophobia and say you'll find more America hating Muslims than America hating Americans. That really doesn't say much about Muslims nor Americans, only that they're human. Most people like their own culture more than other ones, that is pretty god damn obvious. So what? But it *is* however relevant to discussion whether this was an inside job or done by Muslim extremists. Because it makes the latter more likely.

448191, you lost me after the second sentence. You're not going to prove anything to anyone, talking to them like that, but im sure again, you don't give a fuck.

I said fuck. Boohoo, you crybaby. Good excuse to sit in a corner crying and further ignore anything I say. Considering you implied I am a racist and a retard, I am being very, very mild. The "fuck" wasn't even about you as a person, though if you insist that can be arranged. No, the "fuck" was about you feeling the need to mention you are white; thinking that I would care is retarded and insulting. You feeling the need to say that "ALL Muslims are not this or that" is even more retarded and insulting. I am not fucking stupid, I understand the concept of an individual. And every religion has extremists? No shit Sherlock. World shocking news.

But apparently actually reading is too much to ask and it didn't get through the stupid filter of your own prejudice. You don't take the trouble to actually read and interpret what I said, no, "somebody said *something* about Muslims so it must be Islamophobia". Where the fuck do I say that "ALL Muslims are like that"?

First couple of seconds: "it's nice to know I am in your prayers". Too... funny.. for words..

I love this guy. Some of what he says is ridiculous, presumably for the comical factor, but overall he's spot on and hilarious. Thanks keldorn!

Meh. Some if it was weak. In particular the part about American being hijacked by Christians. I mean, the whole of Europe was seriously Christian when they came to America. So that's just a load of bullcrap.

EDIT: Sorry, wrong one.

448191 have you noticed on the video comments that there is people registering fake accounts and saying really rude stuff and trolling trible to distract people? I guess he most be pissing some people off. Of course this only further proves his point where he says over and over about people who believe in religion are intolerant and will attack anyone who doesn't believe in their religion.  haha.

In general I don't read YouTube comments. 99% of the time, whether the topic is cultural, political or in any way controversial or not, the comments are retarded. Apparently you have to be retarded to feel compelled to comment, not sure.

But in general, I thought I was an atheist but this guy takes it to another level. While I'm compelled to agree with him most of the time, he does make a terrible lot of assumptions, a little to many for my taste. Some if it  is hilarious, but definitely not all of it.

Who takes YouTube comments seriously anyway?

Maby some, guess it doesn't matter, just an observation.  Those youtube comments are just the icing of the cake what he really has to defend himself against, he probably gets threats too I imagine?.:P When religious people cant use their scriptures as proof of god existing, they result to name calling, trolling and violence. Sort of like peta.

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.