HELP ME PLEASE!! (Forms)

jwk811

Hey.

I need help with html and php forms. I have been looking EVERYWHERE for answers and got nothing and hoping you would help me. A few things I have questions about that need answers. So, if you can only answer one that will be great too!  :)

1. I need my forms to go to another page so the user can verify what was submitted. Like when yoy sign up for something on a website and it directs you to another page and you can look at what you submitted in a table or paragraph and click either confirm or modify and the important thing is once they confirm the input I would like it emailed to me. I still what the form action to go to another page if that's possible.

2. I need more than one action going to my forms. Like one action that tells whatever is submitted to be emailed to me and to go to another page where I can later catch the information submitted. I know I can just redirect after the information is sent to a mailing server but I need it so the information can be caught at the next page which I don't believe can work in only a redirect page but would have to be in the form action.

3. I will also be needing the information inputted into the forms to not only be caught in the page in the form action but to still be available in other pages. I don't know if that will work as more than one action but I don't know how to do this.

I think that's it. If you can help me out on any of these I will appreciate it VERY much. Thank you very much for reading this!

1. Do not make multiple threads that ask the same thing.  I removed your other thread because you ask pretty much the same thing here, except more detailed.

2.  You are asking for an aweful lot for one thread.  I suggest you start with the basics and work your way up from there.  Go to the tutorials.  You have to learn to crawl before you can learn to walk.  Or else, post this in the freelance forum, if you are wanting someone to join your project and/or do it for you.

to make a form go to another page on completion, thats basic HTM

<form action='mypage.php method='post'>
The action says where to go when submit has been pressed/

If the data in the form decides email or not
if($_POST["email_this"]){
//email_me
}

And to make the data available on all pages you have the following options
Cookies
Sessions
MySQL Database

As Crayon Said,
There is a lot there, this should point you in the right direction. (Google "php form tutorials")

Thanks. Yeah I'm looking mostly for the verification page and so the information can be caught on more than one page. If I used cookies, sessions, or databases, how would I do that? To set it up and all? Could you give me some script I could use? Anybody else who reads this if you can help me out. Thanks!

validate

the value of a form can be grabbed by using $_POST[""];
This should be in tutorials
<form method='post' action=''>
<input type='text' name='mytest' value='This is a test' /><br />
<input type='submit' value='Testing' />
</form>

<?php
echo $_POST["mytest"];
?>

This will output
"This is a test"

Okay, I'm getting somewhere. I have it so the data will come up to the next page into another form. Once it gets to the other form where the user will verify the data and confirms the data, I will recieve an email. Now would anyone know how I can get the information in a paragraph with out having to be in a text box but will still be apart of the form so that information will be sent to me? I'm almost positive it's possible because one of the form builders I used before you could just add any text to the form outside of a text box but can't figure out how to get this to work. Please help.

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.