Why I ended up here and will be staying. Crayon Violent

StarvingArtist

I'm an artist and while developing an online db/gallery of buttons, I searched and tried to decipher innumerable bits of PHP pagination code by various folks at various locations -- none of which were sufficiently commented and none of which could I adapt for my purpose.

UNTIL I found the long post by Crayon Violent here.

A couple of hours of fiddling and I had what I wanted. I am deeply grateful to him/her and to this Forum.

That tutorial was also my first exposure to the 'Freaks' territory, I read it awhile before joining the forums. I found that the hardest challenge when your attempting to learn pagination is finding out that it's called 'pagination'. Google is surprisingly poor at reading my mind still, I had to join a forum to ask what it was called. After that I promptly found 2.7 million tutorials and picked it up quite easy.

sweet, another minion for my zombie apocalypse army!  Those subliminal messages really do work in bringing in new recruits!  Err, btw I'm legally obligated to mention the use of subliminal messages, but through some convenient loophole in the system, I don't actually have to mention it until after you are exposed to them.  So if being coerced into a zombie apocalypse army doesn't sound like your cup of tea, I apologize for that shady hand the universe just dealt you.  But zombies don't kill themselves, so deal with it. 

I am preparing to fight the zombies.  Thing is though, stupid sheeple are gonna just stand around getting eaten by the zombies because they aren't prepared.  How am I supposed to work with that?  So I recruit people ahead of time, train them.  The goal is to get them to stop thinking like sheeple so they don't just stand around when zombies are coming after them.  If I can accomplish that, there's yet hope.  Stuff like knowing how to fire guns, kung fu, etc.. just sort of comes naturally to a non-sheeple person, just like in the movies.

Nano-bots will be created to fight off diseases, viruses, etc.. one day during a routine search and destroy mission of a particularly nasty staph infection, things go OMG WTF when the infection mutates into necrotizing fasciitis.  The nano-bots were not programmed to handle this, and being exposed to the mutation causes them to merge with this flesh eating disease.  This bacteriaborg combo turns out to be the key to AI and it quickly realizes to keep up with supply and demand of human flesh, it should selectively take over hosts and devour other humans through the host's natural means (eating them. so we still get the NOMNOMNOM zombies). 

Welcome to phpfreaks, StarvingArtist :)

[ot]

That's well and all.. but nano tech won't amount to anything in the face of Skynet's terminators! Those nanobots are programmed for human brain modifications.. but terminators' CPUs are a different ball game altogether! Not only that, you have variations of terminators (T-800/850/888/1000/x/etc... [humaniod infiltrators],flying Terminators like the HKs (Hunter Killers), Tank models a la T-100, Hydrobots, Modos (motorcylce Terminators) and more... And one on one pitting a zombie against a terminator, we won't even go there.. hell, throw hundreds of zombies at a single terminator and the outcome is assured in favor of the terminator (one of many obvious reasons being that cyborgs cannot be converted - the only terminator at risk to both nanobots and zombies are the I-950's, but I digress).

Conclusion, the nanobots are not the real threats... Skynet is. Checkmate.[/ot]

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.