Setting up my OWN forums! (from Scratch)

DarrenReeder

I was not sure which forum to put this thread in, but seeing as its codeing in PHP i thought i would put it here, sorry if its the wrong thread...

-----------------------------------

Basicly i would like to know if there is any tutorials anywhere about making your own forums from scratch... I dont want to make it complicated just one small forum with only Threads (no Forum Categorys or sub-Categorys)... so the design is just like:

-----------------------------

Thread name

---

thread name

------------------------------

e.t.c.

so a nice simple forum i can create from scratch...\

So if anyone knows any tutorials that show this or know where i should start with learning that, thanks for help you give :D

I was not sure which forum to put this thread in, but seeing as its codeing in PHP i thought i would put it here, sorry if its the wrong thread...

-----------------------------------

Basicly i would like to know if there is any tutorials anywhere about making your own forums from scratch... I dont want to make it complicated just one small forum with only Threads (no Forum Categorys or sub-Categorys)... so the design is just like:

-----------------------------

Thread name

---

thread name

------------------------------

e.t.c.

so a nice simple forum i can create from scratch...\

So if anyone knows any tutorials that show this or know where i should start with learning that, thanks for help you give :D

here u go sir

http://www.phpsquad.net/code.php?id=4

Just curious, but why are you creating one from scratch? If it is for a your site, why not just use one of the many pieces of free forum software? If it for fun, or for whatever reason, than good luck. Making a good one would be pretty difficult, but an easy one isn't too hard to understand

http://www.phpeasystep.com/phptu/12.html

Thats a pretty good tutorial

Just curious, but why are you creating one from scratch? If it is for a your site, why not just use one of the many pieces of free forum software? If it for fun, or for whatever reason, than good luck. Making a good one would be pretty difficult, but an easy one isn't too hard to understand

http://www.phpeasystep.com/phptu/12.html

Thats a pretty good tutorial

Hello, i have went through this and set up a forum but after i made a topic, it adds a row to the Main forum section but with no text on the sections :-/

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.