Copying an Apache installation to another machine?

zq29

I'm guessing this isn't possible, but I thought I'd ask anyway.

Bit of background info: I have developed an intranet application that will be distributed on CD with end users that are not up to scratch on installing software such as Apache. (Target OS's are x86 Windows)

So, what I am wanting to do is create an installation file (either exe or msi). I have got software to do this, namely InstallShield Express. I believe it is possible to trigger an external msi install file from within my installer but I'd prefer it if I didn't have to do this. Idealy I'd like to 'manualy' install Apache with my installer - Would it just be a case of copying the directory structure from a succesful install into my installer? Or is this likely not to work?

Once I get over the Apache install issue, installing PHP with my installer shouldn't be an issue as it's possible to just copy over the directory structure. Has anyone else need to do this, and did you do it another way? Any tips?

Thanks guys.

[quote author=steelmanronald06 link=topic=105306.msg420609#msg420609 date=1156336394]
I thought that Apache now came with a setup wizard?
[/quote]It does (and always has, as far as I'm aware) but I don't want to leave the install up to the end user, and I want a specific configuration. I just downloaded a package called WAMP5 from some French site, which installs AMP all at once in one install so I think this is looking promising, the status on the install showed all of the files being copied and it just looked like the structure of a normal install of Apache, no dll files going anywhere.

I'll just give it a go when I get half an hour and see what happens, I'd just need to work out how to create a service in Windows if I can get this bit working...

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.