Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Nomax5

Help with host permission thing please

Hi,

On one of my hosts the code below works but on the other I can an error, I am wondering if it’s a permissions thing.

It also works fine outputting to the browser but when I try to output the gif to a file I get this error:

<br />
<b>Warning</b>:  imagegif(): Unable to open 'images/canvasfile.gif' for writing in <b>/nfsn/content/blinkingphoto/htdocs/test.php</b> on line <b>4</b><br />

this is the code any ideas?

[code]
<?php
header ("Content-type: image/gif");
$canvas = imagecreatefromgif("images/bird1.gif");
imagegif($canvas,"images/canvasfile.gif");
imageDestroy($canvas);
echo "file created";
?>
[/code]

I am not very familiar with setting up stuff like this.

Is it to do with the folder permissions in your respective 'images' directories?

I always forget to change them so I can create thumbnails, and have set up code to remind me now.

Sam.

Darn.

Not much more I can think of. Could be something to do with gifs? Some hosts don't load the software for those. I think there is some licensing issue. Probably way off here. Can you create a text file on both?

Sorry not to be of any more help here.

I contacted my host and it suddenly started working I guess it was a set up thing
or something so newbie they didn't want to embarress me lol.

thanks for your help SammyP  much appreciated.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.