Creating a circle in photoshop

Ninjakreborn

I have go get something done, I have learnt a lot about photoshop.  I haven't asked questions here in awhile until I started on this.  I have a circle, cut into 2 different parts, left side, and right side, they come together on the page to form the navigation.  It's for something that was already created I am just modifying it.  The thing is, I converted both files over to psd, I know now it's very important to have those copies, so I did that, thanks to andy, so now I have the psd versions, I practiced awhile, learn some more things, created all my text layers.  Now on my background layer I have one round circle in front of every text area(where I will put links with a site map in the XHTML.  For now I have to keep removing the circles everytime I adjust the text, I need to get each circle on the same layer as it's text.  I have 1 new layer for each section of text, I need the circles on this section.  The reason is it'll be 100 times easier to adjust and move around when needed, and when I mess with the circles to move them, then use the bucket to fill back in the area underneath them where they went it's slowly starting to degrade the circles, they are starting to break apart and disappear a little at a time.  It's just a circular red line, a thin red line, but I can't draw a circle, I wanted to create tehm on there appropriate pages, and just mark out the circles on the background, so I can adjust it when necessary, how do I get it to where I can draw a perfect circle, then have the lines of the circle get marked with a color of my choice?

[quote]Miscellaneous Topics that do not fall into all of the other forums. You can have personal discussions here about the weather, your car, your dog or whatever.. Have fun :) [/quote]
I almost always ask my questions here, even if it was for third party software, of even perl, I would ask in the other languages post.  I ask allmost everything I need to ask here, just about.

I found 2 things
Eclipse Tool- it let's me define the size of the circle, but it only fills the inside of it with the specified colors and not the border instead, then there's the
elliptical marquee tool- It would let me select a circle then I could just make the border the specified color, the thing is, it's got a predefined size I can't seem to change, when I click the mouse, or try to drag the mouse it automatically creates a circle everytime of the same size, that size ends up being quite large.  It's  larger circle I need a smaller circle, any advice?

Ah, I saw a bunch of options I didn't know about, I got to where I can actually create the circle, as a selection, but for some reason it's
1. Not putting it on my layer
2. Now allowing me to modify it
3. When I go out of viewing that specific layer, it's still there, the circular selection, it's like it didn't place it on a layer

I use the ellipse tool make sure you have the setting of it set to 'unconstrained' and you should be able to create anysize you want.

I'm using Photoshop CS so if you have something different it might not be the same.  I also make sure that I have it also set to Paths and not Shape Layers.

Create the circle (hold shift down for perfect circle) Once it is the size you want, right-click and 'Make Selection...' I choose a feather radius of 0px.

Then  choose the menus: Select -> Modify -> Border: 1 px

Then choose the colour you want and alt-Backspace to fill the border in.

I got everything to work, and I learnt a lot about this as I went, so it's appreciated.  I set the border sized, picked a color, and I learnt the whole process.  The only thing I can't get to work is the color to fill in for the border, I select 1 px, then select a color, but alt backspace doesn't work, what is the direct command that get's it to do that, thanks a lot for all the help so far, I have learnt a lot.

yes it's not letting me
1. Creating the border
2. It seems it's still selected, doesn't it have to go from selected state, over to placed state or something, because if I do everything you siad so far, and click deselect, it completely dissappears, it seems all it was, after all was just a selection, I am getting there but any guidance would be appreciated, I got a crash course in graphic design by doing this project, and I am getting a lot better at it than I was.

Nothing is seeming to work, I ever tried copying and pasting the section from the other layer.  Then I paste it, and instead of putting it int he layer with the text like I want it creates an entire new layer.  then if I try to merge them it's grayed out,w hy the hell is everything keep getting grayed out.  I have learnt a lot but I am stuck, does anyone know how to create a circle, give it a border of a specific width and color.  I can create a selection for the circle, then do that modify border to 1 thing, then that's as far as I can get, I just need to learn the process, I am learning my way around new software, plus general graphic design, I have learnt a lot but I am stuck on this part, anybody, have any advice, if you do thanks

[quote author=wildteen88 link=topic=105329.msg420825#msg420825 date=1156352459]
Uploaded it

[url=http://homepage.ntlworld.com/cshepwood/circles/]Clicky[/url]
[/quote]

That's awsome, definately a better way then I tryed to explain it and the circle is nicer too

What program did you to capture the video though?

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.