Is Java secure? What are the risk?

RosePalmer

There are two classes of security problems: nuisances and security breaches. A nuisance attack merely prevents you from getting your work done - for example it may cause your computer to crash. Security breaches are more serious: your files could be deleted, your private data could be read, or a virus could infect your machine.

If you are the victim of a security breach, any data stored on your machine may be read or corrupted by a bad guy. If you've got important company secrets on your computer, maybe you should surf the net on another machine.

In the not-too-distant future, your computer may be able to digitally sign documents that are legally binding, just like your paper signature. Your computer may also be able to spend your money. In a world like that, security becomes even more important than it is right now.

WTH does this have to do with Java? And also I stand my previous statement that people using "bad guy(s)" in a non-comical context should be sterilised. Actually I didn't say that yet, but there you go. Lets give evolution a hand.

I see that more and more often. Considering this a PHP forum, why not "++" (I mistakenly think that's witty though, I even got Christmas cards from the printer with the company logo and "$year++" on the inside -- yeah it's lame, but luckily not everybody will even know what it means, although I guess that just makes it even lamer, oh my god this sub-sentence is way too long)?

I see this type of spamming quite often, specially on blogs, its form of psychological spam,since it look legit and you read it, it distracts you from noticing the links. Which is something new the spammers are doing now, they post stuff that looks legit at front, but if you look closer you'll see optimized links for seo.

Even something simple as "Hey I like your blog" + link in their name.  Is to be scrutinized with interest.

Only if you return the value. $year doesn't want to be returned. It just wants to be incremented. Okay, I usually use ++$var, but $var++ seems more common thereby appealing to a larger audience (hardly, but I can I dream). Okidoki. Well this was fun. I should get back to work.

I see this type of spamming quite often, specially on blogs, its form of psychological spam,since it look legit and you read it, it distracts you from noticing the links. Which is something new the spammers are doing now, they post stuff that looks legit at front, but if you look closer you'll see optimized links for seo.

Even something simple as "Hey I like your blog" + link in their name.  Is to be scrutinized with interest.

Unless the forces that be have removed them though, the OP doesn't have a link back to his/any site?

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.