Is PHP my answer

presto88

Hello all,

I am looking to develop a site that allows a user base to upload files, make ratings and comments about the file. Thats the basically it. My question is two-fold; can PHP do all of this and secondly where can I get the scripts to do this or should I pay someone to do it for me (three-fold I guess).

I do not yet have a front end of the site, so its pretty much still in its infancy. thanks for your help.

Yes php can do it for you.

You would probably be best hiring a programmer. Though you may find scripts simular to what you want, customising and getting them to work together would need someone with experience with the language.

PHP can do all of that.

As for if you're willing to learn how to do it and how much time you have, thats up to you. Uploading files via a HTML form and adding comments etc isnt too difficult.

And as for paying someone to do it. Sure there are lots of people out there willing to make extra money.  Check out the Freelancer board here at PHPFreaks.com :)

Ok, so I was hoping you guys could give me more of an idea of what I need or if there are some free scripts out there that I could use as a friend said he could help me implement them.

This is a very basic mock up of the site. The news will of course be about news, the latest would be the latest files uploaded and the top rated would of course be the top rated files. Also if the user spotlight could be implemented using php that'd be fantastic as well. thank you all for your time :)

[IMG]http://i8.tinypic.com/25f6cee.jpg[/img]

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.