Music

mikesta707

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If it sounds good, I like it. (I really like oldies too)

To name some bands: NoFx, Rancid, Ramones, RHCP, SoaD, Slipknot, Goldfinger, Pink Floyd, Pantera, Metallica, Incubus, 311, Led Zepplin, Sublime, Garth Brooks, Tim McGraw....etc etc I am not really limited to what I listen to, if I like what I hear then I keep listening :)

I like all sorts of stuff. From romantic to bang your fist the wall to throw yourself off the balcony. Only thing I don't like is Dance, Trance, and everything in that corner, with a rare exception (notably The Prodigy, which is a genre in itself IMO). And of course I don't like *everything* else, just too much completely different stuff to quickly sum up. As an example: I like both Sade and System of a Down. I do seem to have a preference for 90s stuff though. I love Rage Against the Machine. And Sinead O'Connor. And Artic Monkeys. And Mariah Carey's 90s stuff (before the turned into a hoe). Pff, I could go on and on. Lets not.

I'm into Trance/Dance/Techno but I'll sometimes go for some Jazz (on rare occassions) or some Metal. But lately I'm leaning more and more away from Metal. I just don't like someone constantly screaming in my ears anymore. But prettymuch anything with a feel good beat is the stuff I like

Today was a Thin Lizzy day. :shy:

Damnit. You mean I missed out on playing Whiskey in the Jar all day on my guitar! (love the Metalica cover of that, and yes I am aware Thin Lizzy wasn't the original)

I guess I'd have to say i'm a Rock fan, whether it be classic, alternative, indie or whatever. Greenday (Green Day?) is probably the band I listen to the most.

Cags you are a fellow guitarist, nice.

I own a couple of guitars... Calling me a guitarist may be considered a bit of a stretch though. Abit like calling alot of our members 'programmers'. ;)

Yeah I wonder too.. Even for the title PHP programmer, For the most part becuase I have not seen anyone's projects here. If half you guys here are PHP programmers, where are the great applications that are running? ;)

Myself I written thousands and thousands of line on PHP, I do it pretty much without looking the manual or any tutorials, I am a PHP programmer, expect soon a new link in my sig for Web app #2.  Now 'programmer' is bit of a stretch for myself. I wont beable to officially call my a true programmer until I can code in some lower level language like ASM or C. :)

Feeling this love of led zeppelin! I too play the guitar, not a pro by any measure.. Couple of my mates are in a pretty decent band though and nothing beats having a few beers and jamming with them!

Don't think anybody's mentioned the stones yet? Or the earlier aerosmith stuff, before they gave up the junk!

... Almost forgot to mention, the black crowes! Anybody heard any of their stuff? Really good, especially first 2 albums! They also did a live album with Jimmy Page..

Almost forgot to mention, the black crowes! Anybody heard any of their stuff? Really good, especially first 2 albums! They also did a live album with Jimmy Page

Early albums were amazing, Shake Your Money Maker. Later albums were poor, Amorica OK. Went crap when they changed guitarist. Got the cd with BC & Jimmy Page, Live at the Greek. All Zeppelin covers, good though.

Almost forgot to mention, the black crowes! Anybody heard any of their stuff? Really good, especially first 2 albums! They also did a live album with Jimmy Page

Early albums were amazing, Shake Your Money Maker. Later albums were poor, Amorica OK. Went crap when they changed guitarist. Got the cd with BC & Jimmy Page, Live at the Greek. All Zeppelin covers, good though.

Yeah, I imagine Black Crowes' label wouldn't let them release their songs under Zeppelin's label or something... Would have been amazing to hear Page playing the likes of Black Moon Creeping though! Definitely agree that the albums have gone weak too but there's the odd gem amongst them.

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.