xml or database

After looking through some google results i decided to ask the question here.

I will be using the database to store all user information and will be relaying on it heavily, the only thing that i would be using xml for is to store language packs.

Im just wondering what your experience is with language packs, is it better to store it in a database or xml?

i know each has their own pros and cons such as a database would perform better (According to google results) and xml will be easier to get translated (Send the xml file to the translator).

How about both? Use a database but allow import/export. But if I may suggest, use a standard format. That doesn't have to be XML either. I would suggest Gettext, because it has tools available for all platforms.

For a short overview of some of your options, check out the docs for Zend_Translate_Adapter: http://framework.zend.com/manual/en/zend.translate.adapter.html

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.