Emailing form data.

jwk811

Is there a way I could get data from a form emailed to me without using one of those mail servers? I know theres a way you can send mail with plain php script, well I think so. But when you do a mailto: form action the user would have to send the email themselves. And the mail servers take to long as what I am doing I would need an instant delivery on the data. Any information on this would be greatly appreaciated.

That stuff is very confusing to me I don't really understand it. I just read through almost all of it. Now, are those telling you about mail servers? I know how to use mail servers but I'm trying to find something instant. Could anyone give me a script that I could use to send the mail directly to me from the form without using those servers and without using the mailto form method? Please remember I am very new to this so this complex stuff I can't really understand.

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.