#1 desithugg

desithugg
  • Members
  • PipPipPip
  • Advanced Member
  • 281 posts
  • LocationScarborough

Posted 24 August 2006 - 04:21 AM

umm im having trouble checking if all the items selected in a form are all owned by the selecter.
$query = "SELECT ip FROM signup"; 
	 $result = mysql_query($query) or die(mysql_error());
while($row = mysql_fetch_assoc($result)){
$unique[] = $row['ip'];
}
$my_check = mysql_result($result, 0);
$result = array_unique($unique);
print_r($result);
?> 
well thats what i came up with i was wondering if it will work cuz i dont have time to test it.right now

#2 .josh

.josh
  • Staff Alumni
  • .josh
  • 14,871 posts

Posted 24 August 2006 - 04:37 AM

without more information, i can only speculate, but:

assuming that you have a form that lists a whole bunch of stuff, and the user is selecting some of the stuff, and you wish to check if the user owns the items he selected, i would make a relational database with 3 tables like so:

Users        Items_Owned      Items
=====        ===========      =====
Username     Itemid --------> Itemid
Userid ----> Userid           Itemname
the arrows are there so you can see how each table (Users, Items_Owned, and Items) have a common fieldname.  In the Users table, you would store information about the user.  In the Items table, you would store information about each item.  Then in the Items_Owned table, you would store each item that a user would own.  If you set it up this way, then you can simply do a query to list all Items owned, based on the userid.

Did I help you? Feeling generous? Buy me lunch! 
Please, take the time and do some research and find out how much it would have cost you to get your help from a decent paid-for source. A "roll-of-the-dice" freelancer will charge you $5-$15/hr. A decent entry level freelancer will charge you around $15-30/hr. A professional will charge you anywhere from $50-$100/hr. An agency will charge anywhere from $100-$250/hr. Think about all this when soliciting for help here. Think about how much money you are making from the work you are asking for help on. No, we do not expect you to pay for the help given here, but donating a few bucks is a fraction of the cost of what you would have paid, shows your appreciation, helps motivate people to keep offering help without the pricetag, and helps make this a higher quality free-help community :)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users