#1 techiefreak05

techiefreak05
  • Members
  • PipPipPip
  • Advanced Member
  • 494 posts
  • LocationER, MN

Posted 24 August 2006 - 05:24 AM

i have a PM system on my site..it works fine.. but im lacking a reply button ..... how would i add one?? that goes back to the send message page ... and fills the form in with the message and subject and to ..??
Link shortener with advanced, detailed statistics:

http://tyny.us/

#2 .josh

.josh
  • Staff Alumni
  • .josh
  • 14,871 posts

Posted 24 August 2006 - 05:35 AM

make a form on your page that shows the message, with the stuff you want to send to the reply screen, like, original message, user, etc.. as hidden inputs. then make a submit button called 'reply' or whatever, and the form action whisks you away to some other replay page, and you have your info in the $_POST array just like any other form.  On your new page, just auto-fill your reply fields like the 'to:' input field with the $_POST values. If you made your own pm system then you should know how to do all of this already...
Did I help you? Feeling generous? Buy me lunch! 
Please, take the time and do some research and find out how much it would have cost you to get your help from a decent paid-for source. A "roll-of-the-dice" freelancer will charge you $5-$15/hr. A decent entry level freelancer will charge you around $15-30/hr. A professional will charge you anywhere from $50-$100/hr. An agency will charge anywhere from $100-$250/hr. Think about all this when soliciting for help here. Think about how much money you are making from the work you are asking for help on. No, we do not expect you to pay for the help given here, but donating a few bucks is a fraction of the cost of what you would have paid, shows your appreciation, helps motivate people to keep offering help without the pricetag, and helps make this a higher quality free-help community :)

#3 techiefreak05

techiefreak05
  • Members
  • PipPipPip
  • Advanced Member
  • 494 posts
  • LocationER, MN

Posted 24 August 2006 - 05:41 AM

Well, I want to have something like this: ex.

.../sendMessage.php?id=6

where the form will be filled out with the message, subject, to,etc. with the id 6.
cuz all my messages have an ID so.. if i go to ?id=6, the message that has the id of 6 would be in the message box

#4 .josh

.josh
  • Staff Alumni
  • .josh
  • 14,871 posts

Posted 24 August 2006 - 05:43 AM

so if all of your messages have their own unique id, and you want to pass them via url, what's to stop someone from putting in random id numbers in the address bar and having other people's messages popup on their reply form?
Did I help you? Feeling generous? Buy me lunch! 
Please, take the time and do some research and find out how much it would have cost you to get your help from a decent paid-for source. A "roll-of-the-dice" freelancer will charge you $5-$15/hr. A decent entry level freelancer will charge you around $15-30/hr. A professional will charge you anywhere from $50-$100/hr. An agency will charge anywhere from $100-$250/hr. Think about all this when soliciting for help here. Think about how much money you are making from the work you are asking for help on. No, we do not expect you to pay for the help given here, but donating a few bucks is a fraction of the cost of what you would have paid, shows your appreciation, helps motivate people to keep offering help without the pricetag, and helps make this a higher quality free-help community :)

#5 techiefreak05

techiefreak05
  • Members
  • PipPipPip
  • Advanced Member
  • 494 posts
  • LocationER, MN

Posted 24 August 2006 - 05:48 AM

i was thinknig of that ... well could i do some sort of mysql query? like

SELECT * FROM messages where id = $id AND to = '$_SESSION[username]'

thats how i make sure that only the user that was supposed to get the message.. gets the message

idk ...

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users