Button for PHP code?

Here would be my two versions:

phpButton.gif

I think it would be wise to keep it simple (as salathe mentioned).. so I used his little php logo as one and simple block text as the other (with rollover states included.. far right of image) . I don't think I would have any preference either way if we were to go along with something like that. As far as I'm concerned, so long as it looks like it belongs among the other buttons and isn't trying to depict too much info in such a small space, all's good.

Not sure what you guys think about it though.

I vote for left too, It's not as official looking (text opposed to symbol, that some of the others use), But It looks like a nice button to press instead of code, which is..a hash symbol.

It shall be an honorable addition if newbies use it, instead of displaying plaintext or colourless code boxes!

• 2 weeks later...

Hmm.. Sorry, seems I made a slight mistake.. I am looking at it, and it doesn't quite look right.. Dan, I checked the size of the buttons I sent you, and it was 23x21px... I noticed in your email that your size is 23x22..(which is the size I assumed mine were) so I'm not sure if this is where the graphic quality discrepency is coming from.. I'm going to resend the gifs as 23x22 (this should make the graphic look correct / crisp).

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.