Mysql_Query function

faleira

Hey, I just started coding in php recently and I'm trying to make it so that my Mysql_Query function will be different depending on a $_GET variable, but because php variables aren't recognised in the middle of an sql query, I can't seem to figure out how to do it. I've tried looking around about this, but pretty much every article about that function i find, doesn't really seem to touch on this matter.

basically, what i'm trying to do is perform the sql query:
[code]Select * From (table) WHERE id=$_GET['value'][/code]

I can't seem to find a way around this problem. Could anyone tell me any method i could use so that i may do that?

you can put php variables in the middle of the query. your problem is probably with your quotes.  but you shouldn't put a get variable directly into a query anyways. big security hole.  you can do something like this:
[code]
$id = mysql_real_escape_string($_GET['id']);
$query = "select * from table where id = '$id'";
$result = mysql_query($query);
[/code]

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.