feedback needed on iforgotagain.com

DennisV

Please review and give me feedback on my website. One of the things I need to get done is on the reminders, (Birthday, Anniversary, etc.)  is create a way to have the users select if they want an email reminder also.
I have searched and searched for a script I could use or purchase to accomplish this. Does anyone know where I can find such a script? I would like the user to enter in what interval they would like the email sent before the specific event. example: 1 month, 10 days, 2 days, 1 day, everyday.

http://www.iforgotagain.com

Thanks in advance,

DennisV

marginwidth="100%" marginheight="100%" !!

That produces a strange result with Firefox. I assume you meant to use marginwidth = 0 and marginheight = 0.

Overall, the appearance of the site simply does not inspire confidence.  Even if the page offset visible in Firefox were not present, the bland colours, lack of visual impact, and lack of font formatting all tend to make this look unprofessional - exactly what you don't want with a site like this.

[quote author=jcombs_31 link=topic=105445.msg421359#msg421359 date=1156426792]
Andy, just curious, if it is web based, do you call the script with a cron job or something?
[/quote]

It's web based and it's driven by CRON

I fixed the margins and fixed the logo to appear more consistant with the rest of the blue background.
I emailed the website that has the script I am looking for. Hopefully they can help me out with that.
I am very intersted in what people think about the concept, the security concerns and funtionallity of the website.

My thoughts from the start have been, Keep it simple at the start, if it's pretty and doesn't work it isn't much good. Kinda like a new corvette with out an engine. I can work on giving it a makeover once I ensure it runs and is functional. I know some people may not agree with me on this part, but thats why we are all different.

I have learned alot about doing the SSL stuff and I am learning something everyday. It can be frustrating at times, but it has it's rewards when something works and you found the solution.

Thanks for the feedback. I am looking forward to reading more.

DennisV

I like the site except for
1. On the homepage that image looks wierd.
2. http://www.iforgotagain.com/contactus.htm That is redulious, you need to have a contact form, this is a new century, nobody likes having to wait for there client to open, or there third party system.  It's best to have a contact form, plus show your email if you want, but this is outdated.
3. I think your navigation is very messy, over on the left hand side you have all your external links, normally the left hand is suppose to be navigation but it gets annoying getting taken to another page for every click, you might want to put something about that, saying external links, or links to favorite sites, something to tell people they are going to another page or something, or something in the title tag, just something to prevent that.
4. I love the color scheme
5.  Some of the content itself is laid out a little sloppily.
6. https://www.ezies.com/secure/index.html
I think the navigation on the left side of that page is clunky, and is not formed right, huge spaces where there shouldn't be, real hard to work your way around the site.
7. The site is farthest from user friendly I have ever seen.
8. The random style changes, and navigation changes throughout your own pages of your site, are too sporadic, too annoying, and too hard to tell where your going and where you have been.

Personally, I wouldn't submit any of my PIN codes/passwords to that site. It looks quite unprofessional especially with some elements (i.e. the forms) which appear to be copied and pasted code. If my internet connection dies, I have lost my passwords. The system I use (Encrypted on hard disk) means I have peace of mind when I back-up my own passwords, and don't have to leave them in trust of a one-man business.
Sorry, but that's just my personal opinion of the idea/site, maybe others will think otherwise.
Stephen

even if your site looked completely professional, i still wouldn't use your services.  But I'm just paranoid.  I would never put all of my passwords and personal information all in one place, where I am not supreme controller over, where you and or anybody else you decide to give powers to, can easily get.  But that's just me.  I freely admit I'm paranoid.

[quote author=Crayon Violent link=topic=105445.msg422010#msg422010 date=1156526778]
I freely admit I'm paranoid.
[/quote]

No you're not. If one makes an application like this, you damn well make sure it is 99% secure. And even then I wouldn't use it. This application is like honey to a fly to hackers! I do use internet banking, because if the bank's site would get hacked, I would be refunded. Does TS have the means
to do so if a hacker steals personal info and a large group of people suffer financial loss? I don't think so.

Better think this through Dennis...

• 2 weeks later...
This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.