"Terror As Cruise Control Locks At 60mph"

Adam

This is what happens when you give the control of everything mechanical to the digital part of the device. xD

If the digital device is flawed  your &($&*($.  For example a while back, I bought a house fan with a digital on/off and also settings for the speed, the damn thing broke after 5 minutes, and it wouldn't come on no matter how much I pressed those digital buttons, the power was not getting to the fan. never had that trouble with a mechanical on/off switch fan.

How about those digital radios? I remember once I couldnt get a music CD out of the player becuase it had a digital eject button that pushes it out, and it was fried, I had to smash to the thing apart to get the CD out!

I like digital though, but it has its drawbacks. But Digital cars? I'm seriously considering the scenarios here in the next 10 years or more, when these electronic parts in these hundreds of thousands of cars start frying. Electronic components dont last long.  :D

But Digital cars? I'm seriously considering the scenarios here in the next 10 years or more, when these electronic parts in these hundreds of thousands of cars start frying. Electronic components dont last long.  :D

This sort of thing has been integrated into cars for a while now - The accelerator pedal in my car (2004) is not directly connected to the engine, it's electronic...

I thought electronic components are more reliable than mechanical due to less wear, tear and maintenance required.

Careering along in his Ford Explorer, he tried to slam on the brakes, but they did not stop him.

"She told me to jump on the brake and pull the handbrake at the same time, which I did,'' a shaken Mr Weir said.

I don't know about you guys, but my handbrake wouldn't make a huge difference in stopping power.

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.