Just a quick question

jaymc

Im just wonderin if its possible to retrieve the URL oh the parent page a frame is placed in

PARENT WEBPAGE (www.site.com)
|
|
|
Within that page is an iframe displaying a website from (www.webby.com)

Would it be possible to place some code in (www.webby.com) so that it could retrieve the parent and in turn output www.site.com

I'll tell you why I want to know this if you can give me the answer

Regards.

Good reply, lol !

Ok, I want to develop a system to cater for PAY PER CLICK adds

You are not allowed to 'ask' people to click on them, so obviously having next to the advert 'Please click this' wont wash with the add company

But, what they dont know want hurt them! So i want to put the add in an iframe and have the 'Please click this' text next to it.

To the add company it will just appear as they have clicked from within the page the adds are located.

But I think they may be able to detect if its in an iframe and reveal the page of which the iframe is sittin in, thus being able to see my 'Please click here' text... thats why Im asking...

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.