Carter-Designs - SP
Posted 26 August 2006 - 12:14 AM
Posted 26 August 2006 - 12:52 AM
Posted 26 August 2006 - 01:14 AM
Posted 26 August 2006 - 01:40 AM
As for this site.
1. Andy was right the top of the page looks horrible.
2. Andy is right again the html looks stupid, you didn't even fully code the page.
3. Andy is also right the on mouse over's are annoying, on mouse over's should be used to help the pages not detract from them, in this situation it detracts from them.
4. Another thing I don't like the coloring, I like the color red, My favorite theme's are
dark, demonic, hellaciously even looking layouts, with LOTS of dark colors, but using red, with black text and a white background look almost blinding.
5. With the exception of the tabular data, you are very brave to use it, but I think if you mixed the look of the tables FOR TABULAR DATA ONLY, then that would look very good if you other colors were changed around DRASTICALLY.
6. The bottom part of your logo is cut off, it's pixelated and chopped all to hell.
7. The pictures at the top on the left hand corner, look like total and complete shit. They can't be seen, they are in the wrong place, they are pixelated, and so small you couldn't make them out if you tried.
8. The copyright looks retarded, copy right is spelt wrong, it's suppose to be copyright. Also you have the font there too big, and the link beside it, looks annoying, it goes from a bad site to a good site, I Will admit(I didn't look at it much) but on first appearance the other one didn't seem too bad.
1. Recode it
2. Recode the css
3. When you make that contact page put a form not an email(just a suggestion for when you build it
4. Learn xhtml
5. Learn CSS
6. Drop the tables, with such a simple layout, you could easily convert it from tables to css div/span tags
Business Website: http://www.infotechnologist.biz
Personal Website: http://www.joyelpuryear.com
Blog Site: http://www.realmofwriting.com
Services: Web development, application development, mobile development, and custom development. All services listed on my website.
Posted 26 August 2006 - 05:21 PM
Carter - you will have to get out of the habit of using tables. The are slower to load and require more maintainance.
The layout is good - the implementation needs work.
Keep the images to a higher quality - That top image could easily be done with 2 images and css using float properties.
If you do some looking - you will get some css layouts to suit.
Posted 26 August 2006 - 07:02 PM
0 user(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users