Need alittle help with my web site.

possessed

Hello to all at phpfreaks.com nice place you have here. Ok here is what I am trying to do now I am really new to PHP and I would like to do some things in it for my index page. http://possessed.no-ip.org this is my index page. The big box that says news / updates i want to have that whole box as a table and have the rest stay so when you press a button up top only the box will change I hear its easy to do but I don’t have a clue were to start. And the other thing I would like to ask about is how do I get new member info from the "My SQL" database to my index page? Any help would be awesome thanks.

P.s. if you dont get what i am trying to do please tell me ill try and reword it.

I am not the best programmer on here by far but I do know a lot about PHP and yes you are a bit confusing but thats okay most people are when they are first starting out...

First off, to get any information from the mysql database you have to learn a few basic commands in both php and mysql..  Now so I don't just ramble on and go through a bunch of un needed stuff, how much php do you know and what do you know about mysql.. such as, do you know how to open and close php (using the tags), and do you know how to open up a connection to your database via php/mysql...

I went to your site and registed - I've also included a link to my forums which will contain tutorials for photoshop and many others design software and programming included (php and mysql in the list)..  You can visit there and I'll be able to help you with just about anything you need..  I can also hopefully teach you how to make your site templateable so that if you decide to re-template your site -- you don't have to mess with your coding much if at all...

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.